West SaanichSaanich West
Greater Victoria Areas
5792 Old West Saanich Road in : SW West Saanich Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 428208
5792 Old West Saanich Road SW West Saanich V8X 3X3$2,395,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 5,802 sq. ft.539 m2Tranquil, idyllic acreage minutes to Victoria, airport, ferries. Wineries, markets, lakes, parks w/i walking distance. 4.6 acres of sun-drenched, mature gardens, natural forest and gated veggie garden. Arts + Crafts/West-Coast 3,800’ 2006 ARXX home. CARE award winner. Extensively renovated 2017. Enjoy captivating vistas of park-like setting from every room. Main floor features cathedral living/dining rooms w. fir beams; all-new entertainment-sized kitchen; beautifully-appointed study, family, laundry. Three spacious bedrooms up, two w. ensuites, walk-in closets and private balconies overlooking gardens. Fourth bed/bath on lower level w. separate entry. Self-contained guest cottage + additional self-contained suite. Four-car garage perfect for car-hobbyist; studio/workshop; mini-barn; boat port. Two wells supply abundant water. Septic field/system new 2016. Previously enjoyed low farm taxes through bee-keeping, veggie, fruit trees, flower and egg sales. Paradise found! More detailsListed by Engel & Volkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
5963 Old West Saanich Road in VICTORIA: SW West Saanich Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 427964
5963 Old West Saanich Road SW West Saanich VICTORIA V9E 2G9$2,250,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,318 sq. ft.215 m2Welcome to this exquisitely landscaped almost 5-acre estate property, as it is truly one of Victoria's hidden gems. This 2300 sf home offers a wonderful retreat for those seeking upscale and accessible one level living in a picturesque setting. Located along the coveted Old West Saanich Rd, this unique property is fully fenced & gated with a natural spring fed pond. Attached triple car garage (which even includes parking for a 46 foot motor home) plus bonus detached double car garage along with plenty of added paved space. Large picture windows capture the stunning landscape encompassing the home, which can also be appreciated from a multitude of surrounding patios. Centrally located in Saanich West and only 15 minutes to the International Airport & less than 20 minutes to downtown Victoria. Bonus: Concrete ramps at the major entrances, 36 inch door openings, and minimum 5 foot hallways. This special property resonates quality and offers real privacy in a dream location. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
6090 Old West Saanich Road in VICTORIA: SW West Saanich Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 428018
6090 Old West Saanich Road SW West Saanich VICTORIA V9E 2G8$2,495,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,476 sq. ft.230 m2Fabulous country home in a rural setting. Located along idyllic Old West Saanich Road, Spring Crest Farm offers an intriguing combination of rural living and modern comfort. Enter a long country road past gardens, orchards and pastures to a wonderfully private and exceptionally built 4-bedroom home. Built by R.Garside (2017) and designed for efficiency and comfort, the home features a bright open flrplan, beautiful hw floors, high-end appliances and built-in cabinetry. Heating / cooling provided by heat pump, heated floors, electric furnace and vented fireplace (radiant heat). Backyard deck, hot tub & swimming pool are ideal for families & entertaining. Property contains 3 accessory buildings (2 built since 2017 to same standard as home ). Other outbuildings include barn, greenhouses, chicken coops & workshop. Nearly 7-acre property is working farm that can be adapted to variety of agri or other uses. Unique property! Call for info. More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate and DFH Real Estate - Sidney
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.