Vi James BayVictoria
Greater Victoria Areas
9 440 Parry St in Victoria: Vi James Bay Condo for sale : MLS®# 908301
9 440 Parry St Vi James Bay Victoria V8V 2H7$1,190,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,196 sq. ft.111 m2REDSTONE - A heritage building conversion. Heritage brick facade combined with contemporary materials in 2006 for a spectacular new synergy. The Redstone was crafted to be a treat for the eye with dramatic spaces that enliven the soul. This nearly 1200 sq ft two bedroom-2 bath Haven feels like a townhouse with its huge patio, and light streaming in through all sides of the corner suite. Designed with panache, the accordion wall opens up to the patio, creating an incredible flow of outdoor living complete with palm tree, and garden! Located in James Bay on a quiet tree-lined street steps from the Aryze Rotunda and Capital Park, and just steps to the Parliament Buildings, Victoria's Harbour, Beacon Hill Park and all the shops and services of Downtown. Chic restaurants, the nearby Cook St. village with its great vibe, wonderful 200 acres of Beacon Hill Park, plus the oceanfront promenade of Dallas Rd complete this perfect Lifestyle picture. Call your Agent to view this Amazing property! More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
38 Lewis St in Victoria: Vi James Bay House for sale : MLS®# 907322
38 Lewis St Vi James Bay Victoria V8V 2E8$1,599,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,143 sq. ft.199 m2Located just 1/2 block away from the ocean on a quiet no thru street in James Bay! Single Homes on this street seldom become available & this long term family home is proof of that...this home has never been listed on MLS!! Built in 1911, this house sits on a 5000+ sqft lot with two street frontages, Lewis and Sylvia and is adjacent to a park. Opportunity to own a property with tons of development possibilites. Restore, update or rezone?!? Many opportunties to take advantage of the current and future market potential. Duplex/Single Family Dweling with cottage/House Plex/2 small homes? Prime location - walk to shopping, restaurants,, schools, community centre. Plus, only minutes to Downtown, the Inner Harbour, Parliament Buildings, Beacon Hill Park, Fisherman’s Wharf & mere block to Dallas Rd ocean front. More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
321 Montreal St in Victoria: Vi James Bay House for sale : MLS®# 907101
321 Montreal St Vi James Bay Victoria V8V 1Z6$1,679,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,963 sq. ft.275 m2Outstanding location and condition, 321 Montreal Street boasts four stunning character units in a home quietly tucked away in sought after James Bay. Four tasteful suites, all individually hydro metered with one house meter. Coin operated laundry and secure individual storage lockers, this property is a landlord and tenants dream. New kitchens and bathrooms in many of the suites. New front entrance, vinyl windows and high efficiently gas boiler are amount the countless upgrades. 1908 built Victorian character converted to legal triplex with one additional accommodation. Corner lot with easy care yard, raised bed garden and detached garage. One block to the ocean, Fisherman’s Wharf, steps to downtown and all Victoria has to offer. Great owner occupied property or blue chip rental, book your showing today! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.