Greater Victoria Areas
1568 Vining St in Victoria: Vi Fernwood House for sale : MLS®# 908058
1568 Vining St Vi Fernwood Victoria V8R 1R1$899,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,441 sq. ft.227 m2Perfect Estate Sale Project-Attention developers and handy-people! Bring your design ideas and creativity to this incredible property located on a large lot in Fernwood on a quiet family orientated street. A rare find! This 3bd/2 bth, 2441 sqft. character home has so much potential and you'll love of the old charm of this neighbourhood! Some updates throughout, in law suite in the basement, a large back yard with an in ground pool that is no longer usable and a tiki bar/shed that you could make into your own beautiful space! So many opportunities to make this into your ideal home or revenue property - this is a designers dream! Its central location is perfect, just steps away to all amenities in Fernwood Village and to major bus routes, close to Royal Jubilee Hospital, UVIC with a short drive to all that downtown Victoria has to offer, this location doesn't get any better! Don't miss this great opportunity, check out the 3D tour and book your showing today! More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
403 1105 Pandora Ave in Victoria: Vi Fernwood Condo for sale : MLS®# 906640
403 1105 Pandora Ave Vi Fernwood Victoria V8V 3P9$475,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 412 sq. ft.38 m2Welcome to The Wade, an iconic concrete building located at the edge of downtown next to Harris Green Park. This clever layout boasts large metal-framed windows and swing patio doors, polished granite counters, glass tile backsplash and wood cabinets with premium gloss laminate doors, cove electric heat with smart programmable thermostat, wide-plank engineered hardwood floors in kitchen and living area, wool bedroom carpet, as well as dimmer-controlled LED pot lights throughout. The bathroom is also fitted with programmable heated floors, concrete countertop and recycled glass backsplash, a water conserving dual flush toilet with soft close seat, a ceramic tiled shower, as well as in-suite laundry. Top-notch building amenities include video enter-phone and weekday concierge, a rooftop garden with individual plots, leisure areas with BBQ, sauna and shower facilities, a courtyard with fruit trees and edible plantings in addition to butterfly, honey bee and hummingbird gardens. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
1303 Bay St in Victoria: Vi Fernwood House for sale : MLS®# 904811
1303 Bay St Vi Fernwood Victoria V8R 2A3$1,099,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,921 sq. ft.178 m2Located just steps to Fernwood Village, great schools, parks and more, this home is perfect for the modern family or investor. Smartly laid out, there are 3 beds/1 bath upstairs, and a 1 bed/1 bath suite downstairs which was added with permits in 2008. Each suite contains their own laundry,driveway,garage/carport, and even yard! Upstairs is oozing with potential and just awaiting your ideas. Much of the original character is retained through oak floors,coved ceilings and original wood doors. Natural light is also plentiful, especially sitting on the large south facing deck. The downstairs suite has been modernized, and is spacious. A feature fireplace gives a warm and cozy feel. The large bedroom is bright and boasts walk in closet. The kitchen has had recent new appliances. A south west ground level patio is perfect for soaking up sun. Various updates over the years including 200A service. Whether you're looking for an investment, or family home with a mortgage helper 1303 Bay has it! More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.