Greater Victoria Areas
2475 Cardigan Road in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405764$3,998,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,091 sq. ft.380 m2Remarkable Uplands Estate exudes grandeur inside & out. Award winning design exhibits timeless elegance throughout highlighted with modern luxuries. Interior boasts old world charm & superior craftsmanship. Chef’s kitchen encourages entertaining with gas range & chic granite counters. Rich hardwood extends throughout, with walls of glass framing garden views. Formal dining rm easily accommodates large gatherings. Inviting living rm appointed with striking FP. Family rm ideal for relaxing with loved ones. Master retreat includes lavish 5pc ensuite & walk-in closet. An office with FP, 2pc bath & laundry complete the main. Upstairs offers 3 bedrooms, one with 5pc ensuite, a bonus rm & 3pc bath. Outside, over ½ an acre S facing yard incorporates mature trees, manicured gardens & exceptional outdoor living space with a covered patio, FP & heat lamps for year-round enjoyment. Privileged Oak Bay location affords access to prestigious golf clubs, marinas, gourmet restaurants, shops & services. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
2555 Cotswold Road in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405377$1,995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,260 sq. ft.303 m2Exceptional Value – Exceptional Property – Exceptional Residence This well cared for Uplands residence features 2001 sf. ft. on the main floor, has a no step entry, large picturesque windows, is bright and sunny, with hardwood floors throughout the principal spaces and is well placed on a gorgeous (0.585 acre or 25,482 sq. ft.) garden lot. The backyard area is very private, has a preferred southwest exposure and can be accessed from multiple rooms. The house sits up above street level and is appropriately named “Oak Vista”. You’ll appreciate the wonderful sense of space overlooking the surrounding neighbourhood. There’s a lower level and numerous other fine features. This is one of the best offerings currently available in the Uplands district. Floor plans are available - the home is very easy to view. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
3110 Exeter Road in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405056$2,850,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,530 sq. ft.421 m2Welcome to your private Uplands oasis. Set on a magical and private 0.71 acre lot with beautiful & mature landscaping. Drive up your grand driveway to your home that is perched up high while feeling like you are hidden in the trees. Walk inside the front door & be delighted by the open concept and beauty of this mid century modern home. 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms with over 4,500 SQ FT of well laid out living makes this home perfect for a variety of buyers. Families will love the space between the master bedroom and the kids rooms, plus the bonus room and options in the lower level. Executives or retirees will enjoy the one level living on the main level with only a few stairs. Fully renovated inside featuring gourmet kitchen, vaulted ceilings and open concept. The master bedroom is spacious & offers a generous walk in closet and gorgeous ensuite. Lower office offers privacy and serenity. This home is an absolute pleasure to view and fall in love with. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.