Greater Victoria Areas
281 Nicola Place in VICTORIA: SW Tillicum Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 408460$749,999Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,637 sq. ft.245 m2Great solidly built family home in a great central location on a quiet cut-de-sac. Upper level offers huge kitchen with lots of cabinets and cupboards and newer counter tops and a huge island. Opening onto the huge family room with loads of windows and skylight and glass door out onto the partially covered deck. Another glass door leads out into the formal dining and living room with beautiful oak flooring and large fireplace. 3 bedrooms, washroom with new walk-in shower and laundry all upstairs. Downstairs offers opportunities with 2 bedrooms and washroom, separate entry and lots of extra room for students, in-laws, extra kids. Single car garage, large outshed and another workspace offers tonnes of storage or work space. Hard to find large lot approximately 7500 Sq. Ft. with veggie garden area. Located within walking to Tillicum Mall, Uptown Mall, bus routes, Patbay Highway access, Douglas/Highway 1 access and Galloping Goose. *OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 1:00-3:00 PM* More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
3219 Seaton Street in VICTORIA: SW Tillicum Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 408250$575,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 904 sq. ft.84 m2GREAT LOCATION, GREAT PRICE! This home is truly a diamond in the rough and is waiting for your TLC and design ideas... and has some surprises like original fir wood flooring hiding under the carpet on the main floor. Situated on a large, beautifully landscaped, well maintained, partially fenced lot and conveniently located in the Tillicum neighbourhood. Close to parks, downtown, Uptown, transportation, schools and walking distance to Tillicum Centre, Pearks Rec Centre, Silver City theatre, and a 24 hour fitness centre. This versatile property awaits your personal touch and appeals to downsizers, professionals & someone looking to construct their dream home on a beautiful lot. Built in the 1940s, and owned by the same family since 1953, this home has been well loved and is ready for a new family. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun Westshore
3714 S Raymond Street in VICTORIA: SW Tillicum Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 408186$775,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,080 sq. ft.193 m2You are going to love this sun-drenched mid century home set on a generous lot in the family-friendly Colquitz neighbourhood. Relaxing on your spacious west-facing deck & overlooking expansive greenspace you can soak up the long lazy afternoon sun. Yet you are just moments from all levels of good shopping, cafes & coffee shops, schools, park trails & more. Bike everywhere - it's safe & easy on this Saanich Triple A route. The interior home is a winning blend of gleaming original oak floors, coved ceilings, feature FP (now gas), coupled with smart improvements: new roof, gutters and chimney repointing (3 yrs), upgraded windows, new gas system, fresh paint throughout from a perfect palette, upgraded electrical, new HWT, upgraded bathroom. Lower level offers a lovely 2 BR in-law suite with high ceilings, new carpeting & good kitchen - currently unoccupied. An ideal, flexible home for your family to live and grow and also suits a couple looking for a great mtg. helper! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.