South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
743 Victoria Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 419060$1,085,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,087 sq. ft.194 m2Welcome to this well appointed 1939 home located on one of South Oak Bay's most sought after tree lined streets! From the moment you walk in you will see the pride of ownership with its gleaming hardwood floors, bright large living room with FP flowing into formal dining room, perfect for entertaining! Two good sized bedrooms, bath and laundry on the main level. The sunny eat-in kitchen has been updated and has direct access to a large private deck overlooking a mature garden. The lower level is perfect for the inlaws or teens with a bedroom, bath, great room and its own laundry and private entry. The large lot of 50 x 132 offers privacy and potential...Truly a special home. Just move in and enjoy the Oak Bay lifestyle for many years. See M2M notes. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
777 Linkleas Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 418983$1,350,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,198 sq. ft.204 m2Like something out of a storybook, this unique home oozes character & charm. Set on a quiet street in desirable South Oak Bay, this is the quintessential family home. The original character home has been meticulously maintained & updated over the years with charming details like window benches & stained glass features. The main floor is warm & welcoming, featuring formal living & dining rooms, an updated eat-in kitchen, family room, 2 fireplaces & huge laundry room. You will find the well-appointed master bedroom on the main floor with walk-through closet to your ensuite. Upstairs offers abundant natural light with 2 skylights, additional 2 beds & full bath. With abundant storage space in the attic and garage, your family will fit perfectly in this home. Relax in the fully-fenced park-like setting of your backyard surrounded by mature foliage & manicured gardens. Affluent area amenities: Victoria Golf Club, Oak Bay Marina, excellent schools, art galleries, restaurants, parks & beaches. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
2424 Central Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 418972$2,099,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,146 sq. ft.292 m2*OH 12-3 SAT* Surrounded by charming cafes & parks and in close proximity to the best of both private & public schools, this 3146 sqft home is minutes walk to the Victoria Golf Club, Oak Bay Beach Hotel & Oak Bay Marina. Designed by ARYZE, this 2018 custom build is a 2019 CARE AWARD Finalist and nominated for 2019 Geogie Awards. Immaculate attention to detail in the design of this perfect family home featuring high-end appliances, flooring, and finishings.The main level boasts vaulted ceiling open concept living space with sliding glass doors that walk out to a generous-sized patio, perfect for year round entertaining.Also on this floor is a chefs kitchen and dining space, powder room, & office/den. Upstairs you will find 3 additional bedrooms inc the master with a luxurious ensuite and walk-through closet. The lower level offers a media/games room, wine room, large guest bedroom, & 3 pc bath.Other features inc. full irrigation system, built in vacuum & 3 zone SONOS. NO GST APPLICABLE. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.