South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
638 Transit Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426849
638 Transit Road OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 4Z5$1,749,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,519 sq. ft.234 m2UPGRADED SOUTH OAK BAY-STEPS TO OCEAN. Step into this updated Arts & Crafts Character Home w/extensive renovations. Main floor living space has been opened up making it bright and easy to entertain. Kitchen offers large island, ample drawers & storage, beautiful counter top, high end appliances, large deep sink w/multiple windows to bring in the sunshine. French doors from living room to a beautiful partial covered deck over looking the private SW facing back yard. Down the hall is a main level bedroom w/new gas fireplace. Gleaming oak floors throughout. Upstairs is your Grand Master suite w/spacious sky lit walk in closet, spa like ensuite w/separate soaker tub & shower, dbl sinks & heated floors. Sizeable balcony off master bedroom w/beautiful panoramic views. Lower living area offers guest friendly living space. Home has built in speaker system w/separate controls in each room. Located in the South Oak Bay just 8 doors away from ocean & Beach Drive, Victoria Golf Club & shopping More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
562 Falkland Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426836
562 Falkland Road OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 4L5$1,299,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,929 sq. ft.179 m2Situated on an almost 11,000 sq/ft Flat lot, this custom built South Oak Bay home offers options for all! Be impressed w/the beautiful private gardens that greet you from the minute you arrive while inside boasts a well thought out 3 Bedroom split-level floorplan that allows you options to plan for the future. A perfect canvas for you to realize your DREAM HOME for your family while presenting a lifestyle that is next to none. Showcasing a stunningly private SW Exposed rear yard, patio & recently refinished raised deck while only being minutes to Beach Drive Waterfront, SMUS & Monterey Elementary Schools. This lightly lived in home has a great open living room accented w/a Wood Burning FP, a dining room that opens out to your back patio and a cozy kitchen on the main. Upstairs enjoys 3 Beds & 2 Baths, while downstairs has an excellent large Family Room w/built in bar, laundry, bath, Garage access & a large crawl space! All new exterior paint w/some new interior flooring & paint too! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
607 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426793
607 Beach Drive OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 2M6$3,500,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,367 sq. ft.406 m2For many this home represents South Oak Bays quintessential waterfront abode. A particularly unique lot of 10,367 feet with dramatic southwest exposure and no westerly neighbour for full uninterrupted sunshine. A delightful protected bay is in the fore as well as Trial Island and the Olympic Mountains. For the first time in almost five decades the opportunity has come for a new owner to step in. Built in 1926 and since expanded featuring over 4300' and offers a wonderful floor plan with 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 fireplaces. A home for entertaining with the mesmerizing effect of the water from almost every room. An enclosed sun porch faces the sea which extends outside to several patios and barbecue area. Steps to the waterfront and an area to store kayaks and paddle boards are fitting to enjoy this superb location. A nanny or inlaw suite adds versatility as does the double garage with loft. New wiring in 2014. Please accept this invitation to explore this home further. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.