South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
987 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413769$2,495,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,484 sq. ft.231 m2Situated in deep South Oak Bay, this 1950 dutch colonial home exudes charm and sits on a gorgeous 12,600 Square foot Waterfront lot. Picturesque, unobstructed ocean and mountain views are delightful. Located across the road from Victoria Golf Course (One of Canadas top rated golf courses) and down the road from the Oak Bay Beach Hotel as well as Oak Bay Avenue, this location cannot be beat. This home offers a variety of options; Renovate the current traditional home, live in the home while planning on building your dream home or design your dream home now. Opportunities like this on this stretch of South Oak Bay waterfront rarely come up. Neighboring homes have sold for over 8 million dollars which gives you great confidence in this location and allows you comfort to renovate or replace the current home. Fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a lifestyle opportunity. Walking, cycling, golfing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding all there. This home will not last More detailsListed by The Agency
619 Transit Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413765$2,250,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,827 sq. ft.263 m2Picturesque & private, the standard of living & level of loving care is clearly evident in this beautifully upgraded bungalow. This wonderful home optimizes it's outdoor living with spectacular grounds & tiered outdoor living spaces designed for seamless entertaining. Nothing was overlooked when creating this spectacular backyard retreat with its magical gardens, stone patios & pathways, water features, fire pit & bench, hot tub & shower, all designed to graciously host family and friends. Inside features a spacious master & serene spa-like ensuite, lovely living room with fireplace, formal dining room, open concept kitchen overlooking the family room plus two more bedrooms, office & bathroom. A fully finished lower level, & separate 2 car garage with studio atop are definitely an added bonus. Just a stones throw to the ocean, trails and Anderson Hill Park, get ready to soak up the charm of this outstanding family home set in one of Oak Bays nicest neighbourhoods. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Ltd. (Sid)
767 Byng Street in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413528$2,100,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,282 sq. ft.212 m2A stone’s throw from Victoria Golf Course, Oak Bay Marina, & Oak Bay Beach Hotel 767 Byng is beautifully finished to satisfy present-day standards with hints of modern farmhouse character. This thoughtful design was created by Samantha Weeks Design Group. Thanks to large over-height windows & vaulted ceilings, the home is filled w/ natural light complimenting the light colour palette & drawing the outdoors in. The open-concept living/kitchen feature exposed beams, a cozy FP, high-end SS appliances, & spacious island for entertaining, & the separate dining room provides a formal space for sit-down dinners. The Master bed is located on the main & features walk-through closet with custom cabinetry to your well-appointed ensuite. Upstairs boasts three more bedrooms, including a second Master, and a conveniently located laundry room. With all the bells and whistles, this home converges contemporary luxury and the comfort of thoughtful design and timeless finishings. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.