South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
101 2125 Oak Bay Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423853
101 2125 Oak Bay Avenue OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 1E8$685,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,280 sq. ft.119 m2Village Oaks is a wonderful well maintained building residing in one of the absolute best locations in Oak Bay. This suite is very spacious, light, bright & ready for you to move into right away. This condo is located on the quiet Yale St street side of the building. This home features 2 large bedrooms & 1.5 baths, laminate flooring, updated carpet plus lots of large closets for storage.The master bedroom is a fantastic generous size with an ensuite that features an easy access walk in shower. There is a large deck that overlooks the very well kept grounds of the building. This building features fantastic amenities, a billiards room, workshop & library room. Separate storage locker. 1 parking stall in secure underground parking. Plus strata just added 2 electric car chargers ! If you don't want to drive it's an easy short walk to shops, parks, library, recreation & everything Oak Bay Village has to offer. Less than a block to a bus stop. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Oak Bay
849 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423828
849 Hampshire Road OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 4S3$999,800Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,581 sq. ft.147 m2Looking for your first home in highly desired Oak Bay, retired one-level living or a great rental property? This little gem got you covered!! Located just few blocks off Oak Bay village, this 3 bedrooms, 2 baths one level home plus finished heated Studio/Workshop and storage room which boosts the home to a total size of 1581 sqft. The soon you walk in, you will be charmed by the layout and amounts of updates! Great size of family/living room with a gas fireplace, 2 bedrooms with updated bathroom, newer windows, Hot water on Demand, master bedroom w/ensuite, separate dining area, modern open concept kitchen with all stainless appliances and quartz countertops. A bonus Den/office or simply sunroom! Nice flat green yard and 420 sqft deck for your entertaining needs. A path through to Monterey Middle school and 2 mins walk to St. Michael Junior School. All your needs are at your foot steps. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
2175 McNeill Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423691
2175 McNeill Avenue OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 2Y4$999,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,304 sq. ft.121 m2Looking for a fantastic South Oak Bay location? This 146-foot deep sunny South facing lot is a few blocks to the Oak Bay Marina, Victoria Golf Club, McNeill Bay waterfront and Oak Bay Village, with its many amenities including shopping, banking, pharmacy, restaurants, library, etc. This solidly built 1930s home offers three bedrooms, one bathroom and a spacious basement awaiting your ideas. Original oak floors, wood burning fireplace and an expansive sun-drenched south facing back deck perfect for relaxing. Add your own decorating touches, keep as a holding property or an excellent building site! Sellers would rent back if desired by buyers. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.