South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
2488 Plumer Street in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405791$2,200,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,378 sq. ft.314 m2Tucked away on a no through street in sought after South Oak Bay. This home is located strolling distance to Oak Bay Ave, the Ocean & Victoria Golf Course. Be prepared to fall in love w/ this brand new built executive style family home. Gorgeous exterior w/ white washed cedar shingles & white board & batten trim along w/ adorable portal window, metal roof. All this careful design was created by the impeccable Samantha Weeks Design Group. Main level offers open concept living, dining, a true chef's kitchen w/ oversized island, state of the art finishings & high end appliances. Upstairs you will find a perfect family floor plan consisting of 3 bdr,each w/ own ensuite, & sizable closets, spacious master w/ walk in closet & spa inspired ensuite. The lower level offers 4th bdr, media room, family room, 4 pce bathroom. Single car garage & driveway parking . There is nothing like this on the market at this price point currently & this will not last! More detailsListed by The Agency
752 Monterey Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405779$2,799,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,027 sq. ft.188 m2Cobble Cottage, a unique sanctuary priced well below replacement cost in the heart of Oak Bay one block from the ocean. Ideal for a discerning couple looking to downsize but wanting 5 star living with ample flexibility. Painstakingly rebuilt over 2 years starting in 2012 with unparalleled detail. Features Brazilian hard wood, jade, copper, stone, mahogany, petrified wood, an aquarium, sound system and TVs - the list goes on. Priceless integrated First Nation's art including extraordinary, load bearing totem pole and unique glass dining table in the expansive kitchen. The main cottage is simply a gem with wonderful flow. Complimented by a separate guest house and a separate bath house with a sauna, steam room and copper tub. These structures book case a very private in ground tiled pool/swim spa. The grounds are magical with a water feature, french garden, a sitting area with a gas fire pit, lit up for lovely evenings and gated and fenced If you want to live a fairy tale, this is it. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
785 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405776$2,080,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,604 sq. ft.335 m2Welcome to 785 Hampshire Road - Lovely South Oak Bay location close to exceptional schools, beaches, parks and of course Oak Bay Village. If you're dreaming of a lovely custom family home, then your wait is over. This home is situated on a lovely tree lined street and on a large 7069 sq ft lot. Custom built exacting standards for the current homeowner, the discerning buyer will be impressed with the grand foyer, towering ceilings, open concept design with lovely fixtures and finishes such as hard wood floors, quartz countertops, fireplace, heated tile bathroom floors, spectacular white kitchen with high end appliances, gas hot water on demand, radiant floor heating & much more. With an overall floor plan of 3604 sq ft, the functional family layout comprises 4 bedrooms, 5th bedroom / den, office, media room with wet bar, and 4 bathrooms. Fully fenced yard, huge double car garage and an abundance of parking. Extra photos & floor plans avail, Call us today for private viewings. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.