South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
2159 Guernsey Street in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 421130$899,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 954 sq. ft.89 m2Only blocks from the ocean this 1 bedroom, one bathroom (easily converted back to 2 bd) home needs some love and attention and is nestled on one of Oak Bay's most tranquil streets. Excellent walking and plentiful parks are all at your door! This 1929 home has retained its original character: coved doorway, multipaned windows, high molded baseboards, cove trim, and fir and oak inlaid floors. In the living room (where the gas fireplace is the focal point), there is a built in bookcase on one side and delightful vintage light sconces above the mantle. The natural ambient light that this property receives is part of it's allure. There are some mature trees in the neighboring yards which help to dapple the light and provide privacy. The large south facing back deck provides full exposure, if that is what you desire. The undeveloped downstairs allows for another bedroom and lots of opportunity for hobbies. The garage is spacious Recent upgrades: Roof & Hot Water on demand system. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
782 Linkleas Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 421104$2,150,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,891 sq. ft.269 m2Basking in the afternoon sun with a glass of wine is what this house is all about! West facing backyard and over sized double sliding doors make the living space a seamless transition to the bright outside patio. Located on a quiet street with 3,389 total square feet that encompasses 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, Den, Large Media room (with wet bar), garage and a Wine cellar. Some of the Luxury features include: Wolf cook top, Bertazzoni appliances, Large Laundry room, 240V Electric car charger and an automatic back up Generator should power be lost. Walking in to the home through the beautiful over sized main door you are greeted by 10' ceilings vaulted to almost 13' in the living room. The modern beach house feel is light, open, bright and beautiful. Elegance, quality and timeless style set this lovely new house apart. This is not just any new home, this is the one! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
1820 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 421082$2,559,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,138 sq. ft.384 m2Elegant but Cozy, Luxurious but Simple!--Presenting 1820 Beach Dr. Situated on the beautiful Beach Drive, this stunning 2012 built custom home has endless features that wow you from the minute you step in. Built by Award Winning SEBA Construction, this spacious 3 levels home offers main level living spaces w/fireplace, guest bedroom, formal dinning room and Chef's kitchen where you can indulge yourself on the gourmet food cooked by the finest Thermador appliances. A dramatic set of stairs will lead you to the upstairs where you find the Master Bedroom with vaulted ceiling, spa-like ensuite bathroom with 8 shower heads&Speaker, walk-in closet w/an island and 2 more beds. The list goes on: smart home system, in-floor heating throughout, home theatre with a mini bar, heated double car garage, lower level also offers extra accommodation w/separate entry. Walking distance to Willows Beach, GNS Private school&Oak Bay High and mins drive to St.Michaels. Your Dream House could be right here!! More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.