Greater Victoria Areas
5360 Basinview Heights in SOOKE: Sk Saseenos Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 416028$959,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,909 sq. ft.270 m2Located on the Victoria side of Sooke -this beautiful 2010 built 3 bedroom 2.5 bath Ocean View home overlooks the Sooke Basin all the way to Whiffin Spit. Enter the home into a large foyer where you immediately get the sense of being home. Step up to the main floor which offers open concept living area w/ vaulted ceilings & floor to ceiling windows. The living & dining area flow into an impressive kitchen featuring real wood cabinetry, quartz counter tops, large pantry, stainless steel appliances including wall oven & built in microwave. Completing the main level is a master suite oriented to capture the views & offers ensuite w/ separate shower & soaker tub. Wind up a small staircase into a large loft which is an ideal office space or reading area. Two additional bedrooms & family room on lower level w/ access to a covered patio space & hot tub. Located minutes to Galloping Goose Trail this easy care property is on just over an acre & has room to park your RV or boat. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
5627 Woodlands Road in SOOKE: Sk Saseenos Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 415622$750,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,662 sq. ft.247 m2SPECTACULAR ACREAGE! Level driveway winds through mature evergreen & maple forest to the sunny home site. Mostly level, beautifully treed, south-facing, 3.58ac in Sunny Saseenos on the Victoria side of Sooke only 15 minutes to Westshore Centre and 35 minutes to downtown. Very private, circa 1946, 4 bed (2 w/o closets), 2 bath, 2662sf split level home with some hardwood flooring, charming custom design elements and 2 wood burning fireplaces. Home in need of some repairs/updating. Current Rural Residential (RU4) zoning with minimum lot size of 1ha/2.47ac permits a single family dwelling (SFD), or 1 duplex, 1 secondary suite or 1 small suite on a lot w/a SFD or vacation accommodation unit. Bring your creative ideas and skill set to bring this property to its full potential. This could be your dream home/country estate. BONUS: Steps to Galloping Goose Recreational Trail and Sea to Sea Regional Park. A rare find and outstanding value in today's active real estate market. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
5691 Woodlands Road in SOOKE: Sk Saseenos Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 414775$1,499,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,582 sq. ft.147 m2ATTENTION HORSE ENTHUSIASTS! Beautiful 5 acre fenced property with stables and 160'x80' covered riding arena.Room for 8 horses in the 4 detached stables with walk out paddocks,hay storage and washroom.Large fenced pasture with lean-tos and double oversized garage.The charming 1580 sqft,4 bdrm home has many upgrades including a new HW tank,re-insulation and two built in captain beds.The enormous covered riding ring has a heated tack room,stall and viewing area.Used for many riding clinics and the recent RCMP Musical Ride which stabled 36 horses.This private & level acreage runs along the Galloping Goose trail w/access and a short gallop to the Sea to Sea Regional Park for easy access to boundless trails & many local lakes.Mature maple and cedar trees offer privacy as you sit on your porch looking out to the Sooke Basin.This wonderful country acreage in the desirable Sassenos area is a unique property which is a rare find seldom seen in Sooke. Must be viewed to be truly appreciated! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Sooke
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.