Greater Victoria Areas
1530 Despard Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428374
1530 Despard Avenue Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 1T3$3,990,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,318 sq. ft.401 m2The iconic Rockland area presents 1530 Despard Ave and 1535 Montgomery Ave, they are being sold together! These 2 properties combine to offer just over 1 ACRE of prime real estate! A developers dream lot with views of the ocean and Olympic range! Or take advantage of the beautiful late 1920's Samuel Maclure house that sits atop the hill. 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and just over 4300sqft this chalet style house has it all, including a large addition in the late 70's. The Rockland area was developed in the early 1880's from a 500 acre Douglas Estate called "Fairfield Farm". The intention of this subdivision was to develop a very prestigious neighbourhood. This amazing 1 acre lot is in the heart of it all! The price and lot size listed reflect both addresses combined! More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
866 Richmond Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428332
866 Richmond Avenue Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 3Z1$1,198,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,526 sq. ft.235 m2This must-see Rockland residence is located in the heart of it all. Perched high above the street this private immaculate property presents tree views overlooking the east frontage w/a glorious WEST facing fully fenced back yard & deck with level rear access & detached garage from a cul-de-sac off Oak Shade Lane--perfection for kids riding bikes. Updated throughout, the open plan will impress your 1950's bungalow expectations starting w/your entertainment size kitchen overlooking your freshly landscaped yard w/quartz counters, subway backsplash, heated porcelain floors, bar fridge, new d/w & induction stove. The main bath includes a double vanity, rain shower, & radiant in-floor heat. Wonderfully bright throughout w/skylights bringing in natural light all year round. 2 gas FP, gas bbq hook-up, gas hot water, vinyl windows, & built-in vac, all moments from Gonzales beach & all your amenity needs in Oak Bay/Fairfield/downtown. Bonus 2-bed in-law suite w/its own laundry. Welcome home! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
2 840 Pemberton Road in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Row/Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428183
2 840 Pemberton Road Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 3R4$1,395,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,810 sq. ft.261 m2Originally a McClure home, Abstract Development lovingly created Greystone Estate in 2003: boutique 3-unit complex in idyllic Rockland. This home presents over 2700sqft of bright, welcoming space. Enjoy exceptional finishings: hardwood floors, in-floor radiant heat, gas fireplace & kitchen with granite countertops, custom cabinets & French doors leading to private, west-facing deck + patio. Enjoy a generous master bedroom w/ walk in closet & 5pc ensuite including soaker tub & separate shower. 2nd bedroom w/ 4pc ensuite for guests & laundry room conveniently located on 2nd floor. Downstairs hosts media room w/ wet bar, east-facing private patio, floor-ceiling wine storage & 3rd bedroom with full bath. Bonus loft space with 9ft vaulted ceilings, skylights & Juliet balcony. Single car garage with storage. Well run small strata & pet friendly. Unbeatable location close to Government House, Art Gallery, short walk to downtown & amenities while nestled in a quiet, established neighbourhood. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.