Greater Victoria Areas
302 1792 Rockland Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413758$409,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,262 sq. ft.117 m2Corner of Oak Bay and Rockland Ave. Bright and very spacious 2 bed/2 full bath north facing unit located on the corner of Oak Bay Ave and Rockland Ave minutes away from all the charm and amenities that Oak Bay Village has to offer. Oak Bay Village is an 8 min walk and downtown is a quick 20-minute walk away! Great location for bus service to UVIC & Camosun College. Large rooms to accommodate large furnishings. A bonus of a large covered and enclosed balcony. One parking spot, storage room inside the unit & separate storage locker. There are no age restrictions and one small pet is permitted. More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
1730 Lyman Duff Lane in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413741$1,200,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,231 sq. ft.207 m2A real hidden gem. Tucked away on quiet little dead end street in the heart of Rockland; this wonderful family home awaits your decorating ideas. Features include a welcoming foyer with vaulted cedar ceilings, sunken living room with fireplace, separate dining room, kitchen and breakfast nook over looking the fenced and level rear yard, convenient family room with stone faced fireplace and skylights filling it with natural light. The master bedroom with its full ensuite and walk-in closet is on the main level along with a generous sized spare bedroom. The spacious third bedroom is up and over the garage, perfect for the teenager. Location Location Location. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1523 Shasta Place in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413729$1,550,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,855 sq. ft.265 m2Rockland!! Fabulous 4 bd + den, 3 bth home on a gorgeous fenced, landscaped lot in prestigious location. Main level features kitchen with Gas cooktop, newer stainless-steel appliances, granite countertops. Adjacent eating area/family room with gas FP flows seamlessly to the newer deck and back gardens, great for entertaining. You will love the elegant wainscoting and coffered ceilings in the dining room, & marble-faced, wood burning FP in the living room, great for cozying up with a good book. The den could double as a guest room with a full bath. Upstairs, you will find a good-sized Master with giant walk-in, lounge area & lovely ensuite. 2 add'l bdrms on this level, one with a south-facing window seat, and a 4 piece bath. Lower level has a 4th bdrm/media room, laundry, storage & attached garage. Numerous upgrades include heated floors, jetted tub, newer metal roof & thermopane windows, 200 Amp service. Walk score 76 means all amenities at your doorstep & public transport nearby! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.