Portage InletSaanich West
Greater Victoria Areas
940 Arundel Drive in VICTORIA: SW Portage Inlet Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 417783$899,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,228 sq. ft.114 m2Stunning waterfront home, beautifully positioned on the Colquitz river at the edge of Portage Inlet. This immaculate updated 2 bed/1 bath rancher is very well laid out, providing both privacy, and plenty of open space for entertaining. Two generous bedrooms separated by the spacious living & dining areas with beautiful water views. Recently renovated bathroom, kitchen, balcony, dock and ramp, new roof, new exterior paint, new front gate with cedar fencing, basement/crawl space is spray foam insulated & lined. All of this resting on a huge, bright 11,600+ sq.ft. fully fenced lot. From the cozy wood burning fireplace to the waters edge, your new home provides a setting of serenity many dream of, and seldom find ~ 10 mins from downtown Victoria. Enjoy as is or while planing for the future. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
938 Westing Road in VICTORIA: SW Portage Inlet Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 417737$1,125,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,117 sq. ft.197 m2If you've dreamed of walking out your door and soaking in morning sun on your own private dock while preparing for a paddle on a protected inlet, look no further. Fed by two salmon bearing streams and one of the most important bird habitats ins the CRD, Portage Inlet is a nature lover's dream. This South facing home enjoys beautiful sun throughout the day onto an orchard like front yard with fruit bearing trees and private backyard waterfront oasis. A rare foreshore frontage affords the use of your own private dock. You will feel at home in nature while also enjoying close proximity to downtown by car or bicycle. This 1944 home features extensive infrastructure updates including new windows, a natural gas boiler and radiant heat, high end gutters,. A new back deck will provide countless hours of serenity and joy. The home includes a one bedroom suite for your extended family or to assist with the mortgage. Amenities and parks are all within 5 minutes from this special home. More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
3135 Bowkett Place in VICTORIA: SW Portage Inlet Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 411235$1,189,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,539 sq. ft.236 m2Nestled where the Colquitz River and Portage Inlet met, this 2013 custom built home was thoughtfully designed for flow, function and quiet, natural setting. A kitchen that will inspire you to cook with large, south-facing windows, gas stove, solid wood cabinets, stone countertops and access to the patio for entertaining and summer bbques. Large living room with crown mouldings, efficient gas fireplace and separate family room – great for teens or home office. Upstairs hosts 3 bedrooms including large master with 5 pc ensuite, marble counters, heated tile floors, walk in closet and access to 200sqft+ balcony. Maple hardwood floors, large windows that bring the beauty of outside in, heat pump for year-round comfort. Separate double car garage and beautiful, low maintenance landscaped yard with irrigation. No detail overlooked by the builder – it is hard to find such a well-built home. New, small, exclusive subdivision that will pleasantly surprise you. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.