Greater Victoria Areas
202 1536 Hillside Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 406590$329,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 653 sq. ft.61 m2Fully updated condo at Oakland Park, priced to sell at $329,900! Large one bedroom unit with 650sqft of living space plus sunny south facing balcony. Highlights include upgraded kitchen with stainless steel appliances and newer cabinets, laminate floors along with trims and crown moulding as well as handy insuite laundry and storage room. Buy with confidence in this 24 unit building that was fully remediated in 2008 with a large contingency fund (nearly $300,000) and June 2018 Depreciation Report available for total peace of mind. Ideally located in the Oaklands area, a block to Hillside Mall for shopping, groceries and restaurants and a short walk to UVic and Camosun or hop on the #4 bus and head to school or downtown! Ideal for first time buyers, students and retirees alike. Parking, separate storage and bike storage included in reasonable strata fee of $300/month! Property taxes $66/month after basic homeowner grant. Why rent when you can own!? More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
403 1366 Hillside Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 406487$439,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,026 sq. ft.95 m2Beautiful & quiet TOP FLOOR CORNER 2 bed 1 bath condo situated in private, well managed building, "The Hills" complex, walking distance to shopping, banks, parks & more. This TWO-LEVEL condo is very rare in today's market, especially with the sunny balcony exposure, modern appliances and all updates to the unit already done! Modern contemporary living with bright kitchen featuring quartz counter tops, large pantry, s/s range, fridge, dishwasher, microwave & in-suite laundry! Open concept living room with an abundance of natural light, hardwood floors & sun lover's south-west facing balcony great for artists & reading. Enjoy the benefits of secure underground parking, games room, storage unit, bicycle storage & beautiful grounds. No age restrictions, BBQs permitted, and your furry friends, both cats and dogs, are welcome here. Sorry no rentals in this quiet owner occupied building. Bus stops are less than a minute walk, on direct route to downtown, the University & Camosun College. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
2 2918 Shelbourne Street in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 406245$659,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,415 sq. ft.131 m2Welcome to the lovely Oaklands Area of Victoria - where you will find this lovely spacious bright and sunny modern townhouse just minutes from all major amenities such as Hillside Mall, Uvic, City Bus Routes, Parks and more! You'll be welcomed by bright light-filled open living spaces - 1482 sq ft with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Flexible separation of space with a lower level bedroom and bathroom, 2nd floor living open concept kitchen / dining / family with 2 pc bath, and upper master, extra bedroom and 4 pc bath! South exposure on the upper deck and lower patio, plus extra exterior storage locker and single car garage. Quality cabinetry, stainless appliances, granite counters in the kitchen and baths with ensuite heated tile floor and skylight, carpet on upper and lamiate on main living space. Security system, central vac. This is a great space, warm and inviting. 2 CATS PERMITTED. Call your agent today for your personal tour. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.