Greater Victoria Areas
1551 Westall Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421274$1,499,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,802 sq. ft.260 m2Welcome to your new custom-built home. Featuring a custom wood front door and security of a smart video doorbell. Walk into an inviting living room with a continental gas fireplace and large VanIsle windows. Large gourmet Kitchen features high-quality cabinetry, Samsung Smart Fridge, chef's gas range, quartz countertops and large island with a sitting area and plenty of room for entertaining. After a long day, head up your custom glass staircase where you will find 3 large bedrooms and a full bath. The spacious master suite features a walk-in-closet, a 5 piece ensuite with a 26-inch deep soaker tub and heated floors. Life is easy living in this central location of Oaklands, where you are steps away from the Hillside Shopping Centre, grocery store, parks, and schools. Storage is abundant with a two-car garage, plenty of parking and crawl space. Also, a 1 bedroom legal suite is located above the garage. Enjoy warm summer days and entertaining in your fully fenced South East backyard. More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
207 1525 Hillside Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421238$324,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 604 sq. ft.56 m2Open House Sunday, Feb.23 from 1-2:30pm. Modern open concept 1 bedroom across from Hillside Mall; features a large updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances. updated 4-piece bath, laminate flooring, and balcony.The Hillshire is a friendly, quiet and well maintained 19+ building with a low monthly strata in a fantastic location. Great for those downsizing, students, first time buyers or those working downtown. Residents have communal access to a workshop and common room. Parking and storage included, with plenty of extra visitor parking. Pets allowed see bylaws. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
B 2746 Shelbourne Street in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Half Duplex for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421089$800,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,497 sq. ft.139 m2Dare to compare! This beautiful half duplex feels like new. Built in 2010, it has had only one owner. Located in Oaklands on the quiet off-street side of the building, this sunny west facing home is flooded with light and features a lovely backyard and patio – perfect for relaxing or gardening. Built to very high standards, the 3 bed/3 bath home features Bamboo flooring THROUGHOUT, elegant crown mouldings and a gas fireplace. ALL BATHROOMS have heated radiant floors and Bali sandstone tile. The chef in your family will appreciate the spacious kitchen with cherry cabinetry, peninsula seating, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and an abundance of counter and cupboard space. Other thoughtful touches include a hidden electronics storage pullout above the fireplace, single car garage wired for car charger, skylights in all the bedrooms, Hunter Douglas blinds and more. A perfect home in a very walkable neighbourhood and generous outdoor space. Kids, pets and rentals welcome. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.