North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
403 2285 Bowker Avenue in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426776
403 2285 Bowker Avenue OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 2E2$869,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,010 sq. ft.94 m2Oak Bay Icon. The much-awaited Bowker Collection by award-winning Cascadia/Abstract is now complete & offers unbeatable new construction in the heart of the Willows Beach Community. This 2-bedroom plus den condo boasts luxury finishes throughout, with 9ft ceilings, state-of-the-art soundproofing, & a bright & airy colour scheme. The gourmet kitchen offers crisp, clean lines with a large island, Bertazonni gas range, Caesarstone quartz countertops & Fisher & Paykel appliances. A cosy, electric fireplace with attractive wood façade anchors the living room, while wide-plank white oak floors draw the eye outside to a covered balcony. Spa-like bathrooms are a contemporary retreat: premium Kohler fixtures, undermount cabinet lighting + rain shower-head & double sinks in master. Steps to the shops & restaurants of Estevan & Oak Bay Villages with easy access to downtown Victoria. In-house concierge & electric car & e-bikes for owners plus secure underground parking & storage. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
304 2285 Bowker Avenue in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426727
304 2285 Bowker Avenue OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 5G9$849,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,001 sq. ft.93 m2Contemporary luxury at the Bowker Collection in Oak Bay by award winning Abstract Developments. A spacious 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom & Flex home at 1,001 SF, high-end finishes, SE exposure, balcony and underground vehicle & bike parking w/ additional storage. Fisher & Paykel refrigerator & double drawer dishwasher, deluxe Bertazonni gas range, quartz countertops, electric fireplace, full-size Whirlpool Duet HE washer & dryer, walk-in master closet, double vanity master bath, flex space ideal for an office. Bowker’s amenities include concierge services, BMW electric car & electric bike share programs (along with ability to add Electric charger to your parking spot) and a picturesque Secret Garden. No Rental Restrictions and pet friendly. Within walking distance to the 3 Villages of Estevan, Oak Bay, Fort & Foul Bay and the spectacular Willows Beach! This unit has never been lived in! GST has been paid. More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
1571 Clive Drive in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 426573
1571 Clive Drive OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 5W3$1,675,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,386 sq. ft.129 m2This rare, true Mid-century modern Oak Bay bungalow, designed and built in the California Eichler style, presented a perfect canvas for a 21st century modernization. The home has been transformed into the most seamless, 2020 style home that allows you to simply move in. Perched privately on a small rocky knoll above charming Clive Drive & nestled among grand old Garry Oaks. The clean geometric beauty of the original home has been retained & its exceptional relationship w/ the natural landscape. Interior is defined by pure, open spaces filled with light through south, west and east exposures & generous skylights. Materiality, fit and finish hold to the modern mantra of clean and uncluttered - superb quality, contemporary, yet warmly grounded to the Mid-century origins of the home. A magical, sunny retreat has been created as an outdoor extension of the single level living of the house. A separate state-of-the-art garden studio, complete with a full bathroom and generous adjoining deck. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.