North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
1542 Wilmot Place in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423889
1542 Wilmot Place OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 5S4$1,350,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,529 sq. ft.235 m2IN THE HEART OF NORTH OAK BAY. First time on the market in 46 years, bring your hopes, dreams, imagination and your hammer and go through this lovely 1924 Tudor style cottage. Almost 2,300 sq.ft. of casual living, steps away from Oak Bay Village, situated on a beautiful matured 8,850 sq.ft. lot at the corner of Wilmot Place and Theatre Lane. Enter into the sun-filled front porch, with an office and sitting area, then into the beautiful living room with post and beam ceiling and fireplace attached to the dining room with built-in hutch. Adjoining the quaint kitchen is the light-filled conservatory facing the private and enclosed backyard. On the main floor there are two bedrooms that include built-ins. As you ascend the wood staircase you are lead into a sitting room joined by an additional two bedrooms, bathroom and a large walk-in closet. The upper floor also includes a large storage and attic space. This beautiful home is waiting for you! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
1737 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423654
1737 Hampshire Road OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 5T7$1,689,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,356 sq. ft.312 m2One of Oak Bay's finest family homes - stately yet warm and inviting. Walk thru the hand-crafted front door into something special. In the owners words ... "over our family's formative years we have crafted and adapted our house, yet maintained its charm and features reflected in its age". One of its hallmarks is its 4 well-proportioned bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms on the top floor - a rarity in many homes. The main floor is full of period features - the living room has a beautiful banquette seat, leaded glass windows, and an old world fireplace; a cozy den with built in book shelves; a beautiful dining room with privacy shutters, a coffered ceiling, gas fireplace and a picture window with views to the extensive back yard; and finally, a gorgeously renovated kitchen - Decor gas range, wide plank oak floor and honed granite counter tops. Downstairs is home to an office, family room, a 5th bedroom and large laundry room. To top it all off? An incredible 9950 ft lot. An impressive home More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1883 Lulie Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423443
1883 Lulie Street OB North Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 5W8$1,699,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,284 sq. ft.212 m2Immaculate Oak Bay Home, Located on a Quiet Tree-lined Street in the PRIME North Oak Bay Neighborhood. Built in 2015, Walking distance to Willows Beach, Oak Bay Village & All Most Desired Public and Private Schools. Ideal Home for a Family, 4 Spacious Beds up, Luxury Master Bedroom Suite w Spa-Like En-suite, Walk-thru Closet & Private Balcony Access. Chef's Kitchen w Gas Range, Large Island w Quartz Counters, Living Room w Gas Fireplace & Dining Area w Access to the Fenced Sunny Backyard/Patio. White Oak Wood Flooring Throughout, BOSCH & WOLF Appliances, Radiant Floor Heating, Heated Bathroom Floors, and Much More Extras to Offer. Great Value in an Excellent Location for a Newer Built Home. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.