North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
2345 Cadboro bay Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 417412$1,988,888Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,934 sq. ft.365 m2Beautiful custom home in the heart of Oak Bay. Enjoy just under 4000 sq feet of gracious living sprawled over three levels, the ultimate luxury family home. This charming home has been meticulously maintained and offers 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms including a 2 bedroom nanny suite. The main level presents a seamless open floor plan, ideal for entertaining. Above there are three bedrooms including the stunning master with an electric fireplace and spa inspired ensuite. The lower level includes a family room, additional bedroom along with a 2 bedroom nanny suite. This home truly encompasses Oak Bay's charm. It's right next to Willows Elementary school and a short 10 min walk to Willows Beach and Oak Bay Rec Centre or a 15 min walk to Oak Bay Village. Rarely will you find such an extraordinary, quality built home in the highly sought after Oak Bay neighbourhood. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Westshore
1779 St. Ann Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 417258$1,535,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,036 sq. ft.282 m2This 1992 built "Character Farmhouse" exudes the charm of yesteryear with the benefit of modern day conveniences. Tucked behind a large hedge providing complete privacy sits a front slate courtyard surrounded by lush landscaping and welcoming front porch. The backyard offers a large BBQ/sunning deck, a "Putting Green", cute shed and detached garage/workshop. Inside is a blend of comfort and style with wide plank pine floors, terra cotta floor tiles in kitchen, beautiful beams and woodwork, gas fireplace and built-ins, radiant in-floor heat, wood windows, California shutters, wine cellar, sauna, Butler's Pantry, Built-In Banquet seating in kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths (2 bedrooms & 2 full baths on top floor), 2 flex rooms (den, office, workout??). If privacy, comfort, farmhouse style and walking distance to Oak Bay Village are important to you, this house is a perfect fit! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2360 Cranmore Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416941$995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,803 sq. ft.260 m2Situated high above the street on an expansive 9000 sq ft lot is this solid 1949 home offering 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Enjoy the large picture vinyl thermopane windows taking in the charm and street ambiance with fall colours all around. A great central location, walking distance to Willows Beach, Oak Bay Village, Oak Bay Recreation, Oak Bay High & Willows Elementary. The main floor offers an expansive living dining room with coved ceilings and inlayed oak flooring, a sunroom, large family style eat in kitchen, 2 good sized bedrooms and a full bathroom. Downstairs has a private garden entrance, a family room, 3 bedrooms & 2 x 3 piece baths, one ensuite all done with permits according to Oak Bay. This home has a double car attached garage with a great workshop and excellent parking for guests. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.