North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
1616 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416907$925,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,552 sq. ft.144 m2Location, location, location in the heart of the Oak Bay Village on a west facing 55' x 132' lot is this 1938 home filled with natural sunlight. This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has all the charm of the era with wood sash windows, oak inlaid flooring & picture rails. A full basement 6'10" with recreation room & 2 pc bath awaits your ideas. A great opportunity to renovate the existing home or build in a dream location. Every possible amenity right at your doorstep. A short walk to schools, beaches & the Oak Bay Marina. Your walking lifestyle starts here. The property is slightly raised from the street offering great privacy with mature landscaping and a garden full of perennials. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2360 Cranmore Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416941$995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,803 sq. ft.260 m2Situated high above the street on an expansive 9000 sq ft lot is this solid 1949 home offering 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Enjoy the large picture vinyl thermopane windows taking in the charm and street ambiance with fall colours all around. A great central location, walking distance to Willows Beach, Oak Bay Village, Oak Bay Recreation, Oak Bay High & Willows Elementary. The main floor offers an expansive living dining room with coved ceilings and inlayed oak flooring, a sunroom, large family style eat in kitchen, 2 good sized bedrooms and a full bathroom. Downstairs has a private garden entrance, a family room, 3 bedrooms & 2 x 3 piece baths, one ensuite. This home has a double car attached garage with a great workshop and excellent parking for guests. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1960 St. Ann Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416689$1,095,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,361 sq. ft.219 m2Character North Oak Bay residence offering an outstanding layout with 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms on the upper level, including a master bedroom with 4-piece ensuite bathroom. The main level features large principle rooms with over 9 foot ceilings & beautiful character features throughout, such as original wood trim and stained glass. Under the carpets on both levels are original fir floors just waiting to be exposed! Mechanical updates include a newer roof, gutters & downspouts, added insulation, storm windows at the rear of the home & a newer hot water tank & natural gas furnace. A large unfinished lower level offers potential to add nearly 1,000 sq.ft feet of habitable space - perfect for a rec room, additional bedrooms or possible inlaw accommodation. A lovely quiet lane at the rear offers potential for off street parking. This home is ideally situated to enjoy the very best of Oak Bay living - just blocks from Willows Beach & a short walk to Willows School, Oak Bay High & Oak Bay Ave More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.