North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
1957 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413483$1,649,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,731 sq. ft.254 m2This recently updated home is ideally located just a short walk to the Village and Willows Beach. Inside, virtually every detail has been attended to including cove ceilings, refinished solid oak flooring, heated bathroom floors, new windows, and so much more that you will see when you visit. The main level features 3 spacious bedrooms, including a master with ensuite. The chef in the family will love the large kitchen with its massive skylight, plentiful windows, custom millwork, and a heated floor. When it’s time to relax, pass through your French doors and enjoy treetop views from your deck - with great privacy. Downstairs in the walk-out lower level are 2 more bedrooms, a media room, a second laundry, and even a full second kitchen - again with in-floor heat. Outside, the large fully fenced flat yard has back lane access and includes magnolia & dogwood trees for excellent future privacy. This is a must visit for Oak Bay home buyers. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2044 Milton Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413186$869,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,121 sq. ft.104 m2Lovely cottage style home located on peaceful street of Oak Bay. Perfect for both personal use and rental. The home sits on a fenced and levelled 6,250 SqFt lot, allowing safe play area for children and pets. Walk score of 86 - Very Walkable! Close distance to all amenities included: Oak Bay Rec Centre, groceries, bus stops, restaurants, coffee shops, schools, parks and more! Within catchment area for desirable public schools. As little as a 5 minute walk from the main Oak Bay Ave strip. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
1745 Lulie Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 413045$1,399,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,505 sq. ft.233 m2Rare opportunity to own the last house at the end of a private,no-thru street where homes rarely come for sale. This updated family home backs onto Firemen’s park, and is steps to Oak Bay Village, Willows Beach, great schools & other amenities. Main floor offers large master, formal dining room,huge living room with wood Fireplace,4P bathroom,2nd bedroom,and bright kitchen with granite countertops,gas cooking,& eating area. Main floor also leads to a spacious deck that extends to the fully fenced,beautifully landscaped yard. Upstairs you will find 2 more large bedrooms, both with skylights offering an abundance of light. Plenty of storage, den/office, and 3P bathroom are also found on this floor. Downstairs features a partially finished basement with full height ceilings & bedroom/family room. The full length garage is a handyman’s dream, offering enough space to use the workshop without having to pull the car out. This is the perfect family home, in an unbeatable location. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.