Mt DougSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
4014 Hopesmore Drive in VICTORIA: SE Mt Doug Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420959$879,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,554 sq. ft.144 m23 bed 2 bath Rancher on a large panhandle lot in a great location. A gardeners delight with raised beds for vegetable's or flowers. Separate dining room, large kitchen with eating area, Osburn air tight in kitchen, natural stone Heatilator fireplace in family room. From the double garage walk through the large laundry room into a passage way that leads to the MB with 3 pce. bath and two more bedrooms, there are two patio doors one off the MB and one off the kitchen on to a large wooden deck. Close proximate to University Heights and a bus ride to UVic and a short walk to Cedar Hill school. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
5 1404 McKenzie Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Mt Doug Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420759$599,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,243 sq. ft.208 m2Just finish all strata renovation, Please check with supplement for details. Nestled into & surrounded by parkland, set back away from the street, this complex offers a pleasant location close to UVic(2.4KM), Braefoot Elementary School (200M), Cedar Hill Middle School (1KM), University Height Shopping Center (1KM) ,parks, shopping & public transportation (1min walking). The lowest price (599k) for townhouse offers over 2200sqft in this area. The main level has a galley style kitchen with peninsula & adjoining Eating area, Powder Room, formal Dining area, Living room with gas FP, & access to the private patio. Upstairs there is a Master suite with walk thru closet & ensuite, 2 generous sized bedrooms, & full bath. The lower level is great w/oversized single garage, huge Rec Room, rough-in for another Bathroom, Laundry and tonnes of storage. Mckenzie Mews is an exclusive, well run, self managed 7 unit complex. More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
4053 Tyne Court in VICTORIA: SE Mt Doug Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420693$895,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,822 sq. ft.169 m2Not your average cookie cutter home! Located high up on a cul-de-sac this unique property harkens to the art deco era. From the moment you enter, you'll realize this is a special home. Each room shines with character - starting with the living room with its' cozy wood burning fireplace and large front windows that let the afternoon light shine highlighting the natural wood ceiling beams. There's a modern kitchen with updated cabinets, counters, flooring, plumbing, wiring & it leads out to a large deck with views of the Garry Oak field and walking trails bordering the property. Talk about a great place for summer BBQs! The master suite is huge with great views & its own ensuite. There's also a fantastic sun deck, great for afternoon beverages. In addition to a 2nd bedroom on the main level, is a perfect flex space - office/yoga studio/art studio or even 3rd bedroom - complete with wood stove that provides plenty of warmth. This house exudes uniqueness and must be seen to be appreciated. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.