Greater Victoria Areas
1135 Woodley Ghyll Dr in Metchosin: Me Metchosin House for sale : MLS®# 904867
1135 Woodley Ghyll Dr Me Metchosin Metchosin V9C 4H9$1,820,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,532 sq. ft.235 m2Private UP Zoned acreage backing onto Matheson Lake Regional Park with access to the Galloping Goose trail. Beautiful 2009 custom built home and detached accessory building with a total of two kitchens, three bedrooms, and three bathrooms. The care and attention put into each building is evidenced by a focus on privacy, comfort, multi-functionality, durability, high-energy efficiency, and minimal maintenance requirements. Vaulted ceilings and polished cement/tile floors with zone controlled in-floor heating throughout, concrete patio, propane on demand hot water preheated by the ground source system, metal roofs and siding, and Sub Zero appliances are a few examples. HUGE oversized 40'x30' garage/workshop with one standard and one 12' drive-through garage doors, 200 amp service with TONS of parking and storage. Live in the main building, rent out the accessory building and as a bonus, potentially build your three-story dream home with views of the Olympic Mountains and the Sooke Inlet! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Westshore
546 Taylor Rd in Metchosin: Me Metchosin House for sale : MLS®# 888191
546 Taylor Rd Me Metchosin Metchosin V9C 3Y7$9,600,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 5,484 sq. ft.509 m2Luxury Farm Estate on 18 acres of Oceanfront property. Private sanctuary allows a self-sufficient lifestyle. Updated main home with SE exposure is a renovated 1930 farmhouse with many original features, unobstructed views, offering 4 beds & 3 bath, sizable kitchen & plenty of living space – with a 1 bed suite below. Opportunity to renovate to achieve your vision, or live in while building a new dream estate. Detached barn provides more living space, greenhouse, storage & more. Outside, resort style living with a ½ acre architect designed pond, multiple decks, sprawling patio with covered sections & 50+ fruit trees. Explore 550ft of low bank shoreline via kayak or paddle board, or walk the meandering trails with 300yr old Oak trees & 100's of harvestable 80 year Douglas fir trees. Flexible property ready to evolve to meet your needs. Complete seclusion with Devonian Park on one side & only 2 neighbours on the other. This is a property you will come to, live your dream, and never leave. More detailsListed by Engel & Volkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.