Greater Victoria Areas
3640 Blenkinsop Road in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 414978$739,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,369 sq. ft.220 m2This well maintained 5 bed/3 bath home is located in the heart of Maplewood, and represents a great opportunity for a growing family, or first time buyers looking to benefit from the additional 1 bedroom accommodation already in place (could easily be modified to 2 bedrooms). Ideal location for access to UVIC and Camosun College, and just steps away from the Cedar Hill Golf Course chip trails. bus, shops and all amenities. The home features real oak floors on much of the main, "green views" from the bright and spacious living room, green house kitchen window, 2 fireplaces, new hot-water tank in 2018, a private and quiet west facing rear deck overlooking a low maintenance yard, plenty of additional parking, and the list goes on. This is great value in a sought after location, and is priced to encourage early activity. Floor plans available. Over-night notice for appointments required. Call for additional details. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3635 Quadra Street in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 414502$899,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,500 sq. ft.232 m2This bright and spacious family home is located in the sought after neighbourhood of Maplewood in Victoria's finest. Just freshened up with new paint in and out, this house offers 5 beds and 3 baths, a bright kitchen with natural sun lighting, a bonus room could be an office or den by the entrance, deck with a view to the backyard, double garage and a large backyard with blooming fruit trees. The 2 generous sized bedroom suites on the first level has a private entrance. This property is close to all amenities including shopping and dining. Easy access to bus lines that go to Uvic and Camosun. Minutes to Uptown, Cedar Hill Golf Course, Mayfair Mall, and a short distance to Downtown. More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
A 3972 Cedar Hill Cross Road in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 414447$619,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,162 sq. ft.201 m2OPEN Sat 24th: 3 - 5 PM; Sun. 25th 2 - 4 PM...A RARE OPPORTUNITY!! Completely DETACHED & PRIVATE Residence with complete UPDATES and UPGRADES in 1989. 1949 built Residence which was incorporated in a small quiet 6 unit 55+ Townhome Development. The elegance of single-family living with all the benefits of Townhome Living! Beautiful grounds + convenient location. Features coved ceilings, beautiful inlaid wood floors, beveled glass doors, 3 - 4 BR's, 3 BA, bright spacious rooms, elegant interior, full basement with lots of storage and space, etc. The main floor features a large formal living room with gas fireplace, dining area, nice kitchen with eating area, Master Bedroom w separate office/den area, 3 pce ensuite bath, sunny family room ( potential bedroom ) with access to deck, The lower floor features the flexibility of 1 - 2 more BR's, rec room, plenty of storage and space for hobbies, workshop, etc. Single garage plus additional parking. Excellent Value!! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.