Greater Victoria Areas
3921 Quadra Street in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420353$699,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,220 sq. ft.113 m2Great investment opportunity to purchase this 4 bed home with future development potential. Situated on an almost 11,000 lot near Mckenzie Village, this area is prime for redevelopment into multifamily with a land assembly (Buyer to verify with Saanich). Near all amenities, UVIC, shopping and bus routes. Living room features a cozy fireplace and large, bright windows. This home also has a large backyard and plenty of parking with a single car garage and private driveway. Call now to book your private viewing! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
3962 Stan Wright Lane in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420285$1,295,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,016 sq. ft.187 m2Beautifully appointed & immaculate 3 bedroom + den, 3 bathroom, 2016 sq.ft. thoughtfully styled SMART home. Pride in ownership, attention to detail, top quality finishing, gleaming engineered maple floors, vaulted ceilings & open air floor plan flooded in natural light thru large windows. Solid maple kitchen has pantry closet, ss appliances, island with breakfast bar & eating area with doors to the private back patio. Master bedroom with sliders to the private back patio has walk-in closet & opulent ensuite with heated floors & walk-in shower. Upstairs: 2 more bedrooms, den & bathroom with heated floors & luxurious air-jetted tub. The view over the living area from the upper level is something that must be seen. Fenced, gated & backing green space for enhanced privacy. Always in bloom butterfly & bee garden filled with rare plants & tranquil water feature. Central vac, on demand hot water, double garage & irrigation too! Within 20 minutes from parks, shops, downtown, airport & UVic. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3395 Connorton Lane in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420090$1,099,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,338 sq. ft.217 m2OPEN HOUSE Sat 11:30-1 & Sun 1-3. Situated on one of the most desirable streets in Maplewood, Connorton Lane is a wonderful little pocket that feels like a country oasis. One of the original homes on the lane, this 1930's beauty is a classic representation of its era. Gracious living room made for entertaining with beautiful oak flooring and inlaid mahogany, a separate dining room for those family dinners, & a south facing kitchen with eating area. The main floor offers 3 bedrms, or 2 bedrooms and a den as the middle bedroom has french doors opening onto a private deck overlooking a spectacular garden. There is also a beautifully updated bathroom on this level. Upstairs you will find 2 more generous sized bedrooms nicely separated by a 4 piece bathroom. Perfect hideout for teens and & bonus of extra storage in the accessible attic. Very efficient home. This home has been in the family for over 40 years and has been lovingly cared for since. Bonus of 2 driveways More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.