Greater Victoria Areas
11 3228 Wicklow Street in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 429582
11 3228 Wicklow Street SE Maplewood VICTORIA V8X 1C9$525,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,924 sq. ft.179 m2Priced below current Assessment!! Bring your decorating ideas!! This large 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhome has been in the same family since 1984. This progressive 12 unit strata has already replaced windows and shingles. All you need to do is personalize the interior and the large fenced backyard. Located in the heart of Maplewood on a quiet street, close to schools, parks, and shopping. This would be an excellent starter home for the young family. Ask your mortgage broker about a "purchase plus improvements" mortgage so you can make this home your own. Call your Realtor for a personal viewing. Available for immediate possession. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
3346 Linwood Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 428267
3346 Linwood Avenue SE Maplewood VICTORIA V8X 1E6$1,150,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,840 sq. ft.264 m2Outstanding character home in the heart of Maplewood. Set well back on the lot affording loads of privacy, this home offers a flr plan that is perfect for the growing family. As you enter the main floor you will appreciate the sense of space. A large family room at the front of the home & a bright bdrm welcome you. The bathrm on this level has been nicely updated. A step down into the living room showcases french doors opening onto a private west facing deck, a cosy FP as well as beautiful hardwood floors. The wall between the kitchen & the dining room has been removed to create a wonderful space for the family to congregate. White kitchen cabinetry w/ white quartz counters offers a clean & fresh look. The upper level has 3 generous sized bdrms, a lovely bathroom with claw foot tub & pleasing views over the city. Downstairs is the bonus of a self contained, updated 1 bedroom suite. Great mortgage helper! This is a jewel of a family home that seldom comes available. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3350 Maplewood Road in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 428050
3350 Maplewood Road SE Maplewood VICTORIA V8P 3M7$795,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,213 sq. ft.206 m2This home has been loved by the original owners since it was built by Dad in 1966. The house is nestled into nature with 3.9 acres of Camrose Park land wrapping itself around the property. You will love the layout of this 2 level home with its spacious living room, large picture windows, a large open eat in kitchen and separate dining room with sliding glass doors to an entertainment sized patio surrounded by a natural oasis. What an ideal place to live with nature at your doorstep to explore and Cedar Hill Golf Course with it's walking trails only a block away & minutes to downtown. A rare setting indeed. All rooms in the home offer beautiful vistas of nature. There is a fantastic family room perfect for a pool table, movie night or large family gatherings. All 4 bedrooms are a good size and on the upper level. A huge bonus is the large workshop with a view as well as a garage, perfect for storing your boat & greenhouse! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.