Greater Victoria Areas
1200 Duke Street in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 415861$819,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,053 sq. ft.98 m2Welcome home to 1200 Duke street. This charming 2-bed 2-bath executive rancher sits on a spectacular 9300 sq ft park-like lot, dotted with majestic oak trees in desirable Maplewood. Location can’t be beat, very central to town yet located on a quiet no through street giving the feeling of being away from it all. Modern and updated, kitchen has ss appliances and granite countertops. A separate dining room is located off the kitchen and across from the spacious living room with feature fireplace and lots of windows for natural light. Both bedrooms offer direct access to bathrooms, one with Murphy bed and built-in desk. Sparkling clean throughout, with gleaming hardwood floors and fresh paint make this home turn-key. Detached tool shed plus workshop are added bonuses. A large patio overlooks a fuss-free putting green, stone pathways, irrigation and low maintenance yard; a great alternative to condo living. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Ltd. (Sid)
8 3969 Cedar Hill Cross Road in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 415782$649,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,643 sq. ft.153 m2OPEN HOUSE SAT & SUN SEPT 14th & 15th 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Immaculate 2 bed 3 bath townhouse in sought after townhome complex which is quiet and peaceful. Low density development with beautiful gardens, this unit is one of two in the complex with an upper level for guests. Offering peaceful living with very generous entry, MAIN LEVEL Master Bedroom with new 4-piece ensuite with beautiful glass easy-entry shower, separate dining room, living room with wood-burning fireplace, large kitchen completely updated in 2014 with quarts counter tops, flooring, wood cabinets. Townhome has a comfortable family room which leads to a secluded patio which is surrounded by lush lawns. Bright and spacious throughout this is a fantastic home in a fantastic location with easy access to all greater Victoria amenities, bus routes, UVIC and bike trails. Bonus... the popular Root Cellar store is just a block away. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
403 3277 Quadra Street in VICTORIA: SE Maplewood Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 415723$379,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 829 sq. ft.77 m2OPEN SAT 1-3pm This top floor 2 bed condo boasts high vaulted ceilings & a huge West facing balcony! Being on the top floor has its perks, skylights throughout the condo allow natural light to fill the space. A convenient layout with a walk-through kitchen, cozy living room & dining area, & a balcony stretching the entire length of the condo. Over 800 sqft of living space & high ceilings, this extremely spacious home feels less like a condo & offers more than enough storage throughout - including a loft space in the second bedroom! Bonus: in-suite laundry! Vaulted ceilings continue throughout the home, into the master bed featuring balcony access & a walk-through closet into a 4pc cheater ensuite. Separate storage & secure underground parking included! Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a condo with unrestricted rentals! Well situated close to various amenities, including Thrifty Foods within walking distance while Mayfair Mall & Uptown Mall are just a few minutes drive away! More detailsListed by The Condo Group Real Estate
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.