Greater Victoria Areas
3820 Trailhead Drive in VICTORIA: Sk Jordan River Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 420552$389,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,221 sq. ft.113 m2Dream lifestyle, Investment and one of best Cottages on the block! Your gateway to the pacific coast surf of Jordan River and Sombrio Beaches. Quality built cottage exudes charm & coziness with 20’ ceilings, cedar siding and exposed wood features. Many upgrades include; admirable chefs kitchen w/Maple Shaker Cabinets, Granite Counters, 36’ Wolf range & S.S. Appliances. No expense spared with engineered flooring thru main floor and loft. Move-in ready with quality modern conveniences such as On-Demand H.W., Airtight Wood Stove and a back-up Gen-set. Over-sized bathrooms also professionally designed & finished with jetted tub, doubled head shower, double sinks, French doors and whitewashed floor. This low maintenance investment anchors owners to endless hiking, biking, beach-combing, boating and exploration to renowned destinations of Mystic, Botanical and China Beaches. Whether full-time use or rental(s), both long or short term, this home should be top of your list for consideration. More detailsListed by eXp Realty
Lot 2 Timberline Way in JORDAN RIVER: Sk Jordan River Land for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 419219$329,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- 419219A little slice of West Coast heaven! Sunny, south-facing 2.5 acre ocean view lot located in Wildwood Terrace above Jordan River! Elevated site enjoys views across Juan de Fuca Strait to Olympic National Park & north coast of Washington state. Lot improvements include 200 Amp service, workshop/shed with heat & electricity, large outdoor deck, 700 foot drilled well, and graded driveway to potential building sites. Wildwood Terrace is a growing community of fine West Coast homes just a 5 minute drive from the surf break at Jordan River. Easy access via paved road from Highway 14 with a 30 minute drive to Sooke and 90 minutes to Victoria. This lot is ready for your West Coast dream home! Location is not subject to BC’s Speculation & Vacancy Tax. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
3845 Trailhead Drive in JORDAN RIVER: Sk Jordan River Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 418849$729,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,246 sq. ft.209 m2West Coast Oasis... Its the perfect place to come home to, this 2008 built home on an extraordinary private and picturesque 2.64 acres has it all!!! plenty of gardens and outbuildings, trails and trees. Spacious 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on two levels features a country kitchen with eating space, inline dining large living room with wood stove to warm those occasionally cool winter evenings, master with 3 piece ensuite including soaker tub. 2nd bedroom, main 4 piece bathroom round out the well thought out entry level main. The walk-out lower with 3rd bedroom, 3 piece bathroom and huge rec room will be an ideal place to relax and binge watch your favourite Netflix shows. The grounds have numerous wired outbuildings, cold smoke house even a separate outbuilding that houses your own swim pool/hot tub. Fenced berry orchard, chanterelles grow wild here, an open exposure that radiates the suns warmth through the home. Located in an idyllic west coast envirnoment. Value plus! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.