Greater Victoria Areas
305 562 Rithet Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 417110$422,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,194 sq. ft.111 m2**Best VALUE/PRICE 2 bed in all of James Bay - ACT FAST**Welcome to Sherwood House. An exceptional building having recently completed an external renewal project, in a stunning location! Over 1,100 sq.ft. of living space with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms including 3 pcs master ensuite. Enjoy in-suite laundry and a very friendly & bright floor plan with ample space for full dining and living room areas (with Gas Fireplace). This extremely well cared for Corner unit is move-in ready with some fresh paint as well as new flooring in enclosed deck area, or bring your decorating ideas (see some inspirational virtual renovation photos included here) and modernize this highly sought after property in a building that rarely comes available. Only One Block From Dallas Road Waterfront this home will not disappoint. The building also includes Rec Room with billiards table, Sauna, Workshop, separate storage locker, and 1 parking spot. Call today and book your private viewing. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
507 500 Oswego Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 417083$300,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 545 sq. ft.51 m2Welcome to the Oswego! A great Victoria getaway offering a perfect home away from home located one block from the beautiful inner harbour & minutes to all the excitement of downtown. The Oswego is deeded whole-ownership with all the services & amenities of an upscale boutique hotel. Enjoy your beautiful suite for part of the year (up to 90 days low season & 60 days high) and benefit financially from the participation of your suite in the hotel-managed rental pool. This immaculate 1 bedroom suite has floor to ceiling windows, comes fully furnished, has a luxurious spa-like bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops and a private balcony. Insurance, hydro, internet, and cable are included. Amenities include hotel service, exercise room, laundry, secured parking & a lounge/bistro. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity surrounded by the great sites & activities Victoria has to offer. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
65 Oswego Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 417070$739,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,017 sq. ft.94 m2VERY CHARMING CHARACTER COTTAGE IN A SUPERB LOCATION IN JAMES BAY NEXT TO THE SEA. CHARACTER FEATURES: 1O FOOT CEILINGS, DOUBLE HUNG SASH WINDOWS, PICTURE RAILS, WAINSCOTING, FRENCH DOORS & STAIN GLASS WINDOWS. LIVING ROOM & DINING ROOM W/FEATURE FIREPLACE AND WOOD FLOORS. COUNTRY KITCHEN W/BUILT IN CHINA CABINET, EATING AREA AND ADJOINING SUNDECK. THREE GOOD SIZED BEDROOMS & FOUR PIECE BATHROOM. NEW ROOF IN 2016/30 YEAR WARRANTY, UPDATED WIRING/PLUMBING, NEW INSULATION. 5'6 BASEMENT & CRAWLSPACE FOR STORAGE. CURB IN PLACE FOR PARKING ON PROPERTY. WEST FACING BRICK PATIO AND GORGEOUS GARDEN BURSTING WITH COLOUR AND FRAGRANCE. ONE BLOCK TO THE OCEAN & ENJOY THE MAJESTIC VIEWS OF THE OLYMPIC MOUNTAINS OFFERED FROM THE BREAKWATER ON DALLAS ROAD/OCEANFRONT. JAMES BAY IS A WONDERFUL NEIGHBOURHOOD WALK TO DOWNTOWN VICTORIA, INNER HARBOUR, BEACON HILL PARK, THE OCEAN & JAMES BAY VILLAGE. *RARE FIND* More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.