Greater Victoria Areas
11 Oswego Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408458$1,725,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,198 sq. ft.297 m2Nestled on a quiet street and steps from the Pacific Ocean; your dream home awaits. This stunning custom-built Modern Contemporary home is breathtaking in every detail. Stunning Ocean and Mountain views in highly desired James Bay neighborhood. Beautifully manicured gardens with a private and tranquil backyard. This spacious home boasts over 3100+ finished sqft. with a main floor office and an open living concept; it is ideal for entertaining guests. The spacious gourmet kitchen is one of the key features of this lovely custom-built home. Spacious and bright with ample counter and cabinet space. Rich maple cabinets and luxurious granite counters with striking mosaic backsplash tiles. Close to beaches and many tourist attractions including Fisherman’s wharf, Parliament Buildings, Royal BC Museum, Ogden Point, Beacon Hill Park and much more. Call today to view! More detailsListed by eXp Realty
1208 250 Douglas Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408405$538,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 791 sq. ft.73 m2Destined to be a Premier Address on the Park, your timing is perfect. Stunning views from 12th floor (one side all glass) 1BR 1BA spacious 791 Ft2 Totally updated with designer touches everywhere. Custom kitchen & Bedroom cabinetry, S/S Appl. Bath with Glass walk-in shower. A Bldg. with best sense of community you will find. The “Polynesian Room” for entertaining larger groups of friends inside. Large Dbl. BBQ patio for entertaining outside. Library, Cactus garden, swimming pool, even a guest suite for when family comes. Under construction now. Remediation of all new windows and balconies almost done. ($29,000 already paid) Entrance Lobby re-design in progress. This solid concrete & steel Bldg. is about to step into 2019 with a statement. By appointment only. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
57 Dock Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Strata Duplex Unit for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408358$910,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,530 sq. ft.142 m2Fabulous front to back 1999 strata duplex featuring a secluded & peaceful garden oasis and situated only half a block from Dallas Rd & Ogden Point Breakwater. The unique architecturally designed home features 2 turrets, shingle & stone siding plus a cobble stone driveway & patio. The immaculate & bright interior with extra large east facing windows (overlooking the private rear garden) features a contemporary open design highlighted by wood floors, sunken living room with gas fireplace, 2 piece powder room, dining area and tasteful kitchen with updated cabinets & granite counter tops. The upper level includes 3 good sized bedrooms (master with 3 pce. ensuite) and a bonus sitting area with balcony access. Also included is an attached single garage and small greenhouse. Superb James Bay location within easy walking distance to numerous amenities and the downtown core. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.