Greater Victoria Areas
603 21 Dallas Road in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413798$1,099,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,647 sq. ft.153 m2PRIME WATERFRONT OPPORTUNITY!This former show suite in the award winning Shoal Point is sure to impress! Upon entry you are drawn into the breathtaking views of Victoria's inner harbour through floor to ceiling windows. Enjoy beautiful sunrises at dawn and the golden light at dusk. With a large, elegant open concept living area and kitchen, this home is ideal for the entertainer or anybody who appreciates spacious living. The living space separates the master bedroom and 5 piece ensuite from the second bedroom and main bathroom; enjoy privacy for you and your guests or family. Home also features 9 ft ceilings, Air Conditioning, gas fireplace and cooktop, and balcony with natural gas BBQ hook up. Amenities include a 25 meter lap pool, sauna, steam room, exercise room, putting green, car wash, concierge service, 24 hour monitored security, and more. Walk to downtown, Dallas Rd. walkway, restaurants, shopping and dining. Be sure to watch the video! OPEN HOUSE SUNDAY 2-4 JULY 21st. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
65 Oswego Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413738$799,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,017 sq. ft.94 m2**CHARMING HERITAGE HOME ONE LEVEL CHARACTER CRAFTSMAN COTTAGE! BUILT IN 1897 WITH MANY CHARACTER FEATURES: 10FT CEILINGS, DOUBLE HUNG SASH WINDOWS, PICTURE RAILS, WAINSCOTTING, FRENCH DOORS & STAIN GLASS WINDOWS. LIVING ROOM & DINING ROOM W/FEATURE FIREPLACE AND WOOD FLOORS. COUNTRY KITCHEN W/BUILT IN CHINA CABINET, EATING AREA AND ADJOINING SUNDECK. THREE GOOD SIZED BEDROOMS & FOUR PIECE BATHROOM. NEW ROOF IN 2016 AND 5'6 BASEMENT FOR STORAGE. WEST FACING BRICK PATIO AND GORGEOUS GARDEN BURSTING WITH COLOUR AND FRAGRANCE. ONE BLOCK TO THE OCEAN & ENJOY THE MAJESTIC VIEWS OF THE OLYMPIC MOUNTAINS OFFERED FROM THE BREAKWATER ON DALLAS ROAD/OCEANFRONT. JAMES BAY IS A WONDERFUL NEIGHBOURHOOD WALK TO DOWNTOWN VICTORIA, INNER HARBOUR, BEACON HILL PARK, THE OCEAN & JAMES BAY VILLAGE. THE PERFECT LOCATION! More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
487 Superior Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413540$949,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,093 sq. ft.194 m2PRICED WELL BELOW ASSESSED VALUE! This lovely, 2000+ square foot Arts & Crafts home is located in the heart of desirable James Bay. Shopping, a new library, restaurants, banking, parks, farmers' market and the Inner Harbour are literally steps away! Featuring 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this character home has many updates. Boasting hardwood floors throughout, a bright living room, a fireplace in the large living room and a wood stove in the sunny kitchen. It's easy to call this home! The open kitchen features granite counter tops, butler station, plenty of cupboard space and a connecting laundry room. The kitchen opens out to the south-facing covered deck for BBQing and enjoying your private oasis. On the main floor are 2 large bedrooms and an updated bathroom while the ENTIRE second floor is the master suite with skylights, ensuite bath including a massive soaker tub. Imagine yourself living here! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.