Greater Victoria Areas
2048 Allenby Street in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416995$949,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,873 sq. ft.174 m2A rare opportunity to own a house which is $69,000. lower than assessment value in a desirable Oak Bay neighbourhood. Great price for this fantastic location and well-kept home. This home offers 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, and with lots of sun light. The main level features gleaming oak floors, spacious formal living room with a wood burning fireplace, separate dining room that opens to a bright gourmet kitchen. There are 2 bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom on the main floor as well. A large deck accessible from the kitchen overlooking the fully fenced rear garden. There is a skylight above the stairs leading downstairs. The lower level features a recreation room, extra bedroom, a three-piece bathroom and a kitchen for your in-law or guests. The many home improvements include a recent roof, thermal-glass windows, plus kitchen and bathroom renovations. This property offers a lot of value. It would not stay long on the market. Call today to book your private showing! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
402 2210 Cadboro Bay Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 417012$470,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 928 sq. ft.86 m2Rarely do suites come up for sale in this sought-after steel and concrete Oak Bay building, and this top floor southeast corner suite is one of the best in the building! Freshly painted throughout, new stainless appliances, high-quality engineered cherry hardwood floors and updated bathrooms, there is even a wood-burning fireplace for cozy winter evenings. The mid-century styling features over-sized windows so it's wonderfully bright and light-filled, with large wrap-around balcony. Functional galley kitchen, master bedroom with a 4 piece updated ensuite and another balcony, second bedroom/den, second half bath, laundry in suite and lots of storage. Secure underground parking, separate storage, guest suite and one small dog or indoor cat is allowed, extremely rare in Oak Bay! Exceptionally well-run building with pro-active strata and many major projects completed, including podium waterproofing, and building enclosure. Walk to the Village, rec centre, amenities, and transportation. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2513 Wootton Crescent in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 416897$1,195,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,196 sq. ft.204 m2A very quiet premium street and a short walk to all Oak Bay offers - groceries, rec centre, schools, beach busses, and nothing to do but move in! Renovated in 2016 with permits this solid 50s home with unique floor-plan has new windows throughout, coved ceilings, wood floors, 3 bedrooms on the main. Offers a bright light filled home with south facing backyard. Kitchen upgrades include gorgeous counters, Fisher & Paykel fridge and gas stove, built-in cabinetry and overlooks the new deck (storage below). New hardwood in 2 bedrooms and a wonderful layout downstairs with add'l bedroom, generous family media and games room with extensive storage cupboards, large bright den, 2nd bathroom and mud/laundry room plus hot water on demand, gas furnace. Double carport with storage, fenced rear yard, fruit trees and room to run. You will enjoy this home for years to come. Don't miss it. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.