Greater Victoria Areas
2041 Carnarvon Street in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 428548
2041 Carnarvon Street OB Henderson VICTORIA V8R 2V2$1,299,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,784 sq. ft.259 m2Don't miss this completely updated 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom character home with large south facing backyard in a great residential neighborhood in popular Oak Bay. From the moment you arrive you will see why it is only a second owner home since being built in 1947. On the main level you will find 2 bedrooms with hardwood floors, living and dining rooms with feature fireplace, french doors, coved ceilings and hardwood floors. The brand new kitchen overlooks your family room addition with views of your spectacular rear yard. An oak stair case leads up to a large master suite, complete with ensuite and change room. The fully finished basement has a large laundry room, bedroom, sitting room, 3 piece bath and separate entrance for easy nanny suite potential. You will love the private hot tub overlooking your sunny, level backyard with full irrigation system. Only steps to Carnarvon park and close to Oak Bay Village, call before it's gone! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3564 Redwood Avenue in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 428576
3564 Redwood Avenue OB Henderson VICTORIA V8P 4Z7$999,800Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,597 sq. ft.241 m2Nestled in one of the most sought-after locations of Oak bay in the upper Henderson area of Victoria is your 1960's-character home on beautiful 70 x 100‘ private lot. As you drive up to the property you’ll appreciate the location & setting from you’re 2600 ft.² split level home boasting coved ceilings, spacious living rm with fireplace, generous size dining rm and more. The bright and sunny kitchen with custom lighting & breakfast area to enjoy your morning coffee is sure to please. Meander through to the family room or den and walk out to your large balcony with wrap around deck to your private rear yard. Upstairs features 3 bedrooms including master bedroom with four-piece ensuite, 2 more generous size bedrooms & another 4 piece bathroom. There is a huge lower level rec room and workshop plus large full height crawlspace ideal for extra storage, wine cellar and much more. Properties like this rarely come on the market in this location. Close to UVIC, parks, ocean and more, call now. More detailsListed by Day Team Realty Ltd
2129 Sandowne Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 428125
2129 Sandowne Road OB Henderson VICTORIA V8R 3J2$1,450,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,495 sq. ft.232 m2Welcome to the Lansdowne slopes. An area that is sought after for its privacy, larger lots & distance to the amenities. 2129 Sandowne possesses all of that and then some. Fully renovated from top to bottom w/an eye for detail & all the finishings of a brand new home. Set on a 9000 sq ft south facing lot, this 5 bdrm, 2 bth home is sure to please you. Interior finishings are warm & inviting and provide a soothing feeling like you are home. Cook and entertain in the open concept kitchen that has been transformed and is a show stopper. Your company can be sitting in the dining room or the family room or the game changing deck off the kitchen. Offering total privacy, the deck is perfect for those evenings relaxing or the morning coffee. Enjoy the hot tub also while enjoying your relaxing evenings. The detached studio could be a perfect space for an office, storage or yoga area. The opportunities are endless. Rarely does a home come for sale in this area where all you have to do is move in. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.