Greater Victoria Areas
3027 Henderson Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423969
3027 Henderson Road OB Henderson VICTORIA V8R 5M6$1,225,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,020 sq. ft.188 m2DESIRABLE LOCATION! GREAT VIEWS OF THE OLYMPIC MOUNTAINS, MT. RAINIER AND PANORAMIC VIEWS OF VICTORIA! OPEN CONCEPT LIVING/DINING ROOM WITH WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE. 3 BEDROOM 2 BATH HOME. ORIGINAL KITCHEN CUPBOARDS, BRIGHT BREAKFAST NOOK WITH CORNER WINDOWS GIVING YOU A BREATH TAKING VIEW. PATIO DOORS ONTO RECENTLY RENOVATED VINYL DECK WITH GLASS HANDRAIL. ORIGINAL HARDWOOD FLOORS. LOWER LEVEL HAS A LARGE BEDROOM AND REC ROOM WHICH HAS RECENTLY BEEN RENOVATED. ORIGINAL LAUNDRY AREA, GARAGE ACCESS AND COLD STORAGE. BRING YOUR OWN RENOVATING IDEAS, ADD YOUR OWN TOUCH TO MODERNIZE THIS HOME TO YOUR STYLE. DOUBLE CAR GARAGE AND WORKSHOP. MATURE YARD WITH SEVERAL FRUIT TREES AND LARGE PRIVACY HEDGES ALL AROUND. PERFECT FAMILY HOME IN WONDERFUL OAK BAY! THIS RELATIVELY FLAT LOT ALSO LENDS IT SELF TO BEING A GREAT BUILDING SITE FOR YOUR DREAM HOME! WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO ALL SCHOOLS AND SHOPPING, UPLANDS GOLF COURSE & OAK BAY BEACH! A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY THESE STUNNING VIEWS! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
2056 Swanson Place in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423779
2056 Swanson Place OB Henderson VICTORIA V8P 1Y6$1,359,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,529 sq. ft.235 m2Beautiful Post & Beam style home nestled under the Oak trees on an incredibly picturesque 10,300 lot. Wood detailed vaulted ceilings enhance the spacious living room with wood burning fireplace, as well as the dining area. Bright kitchen with plenty of cabinet space, & a breakfast nook with patio doors leading out to a newer deck. This is a lovely spot to enjoy your morning coffee, looking out onto the gardens & lush lawn. Downstairs offers extra family accommodation with new cabinetry & bthrm, Hobby room and extra storage. Gas hot water and furnace. All bathrooms have been completely updated. Main and ensuite offer solid surface counters. Wood floors & newer carpets, recent roof, gutters & downspouts, rear deck and exterior paint front siding. Quiet cul-de-sac within easy walking distance to UVIC and Henderson Golf Course, & not far from Uplands Golf course. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2418 Dryfe Street in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423754
2418 Dryfe Street OB Henderson VICTORIA V8R 5V2$939,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,972 sq. ft.183 m2Affordable Elegance. Substantially modernized turn of the 20th century Character residence in the Henderson Estevan area of Oak Bay. Recent updates include new roof, new exterior paint, exterior stairs & deck, substantially developed lower level w/Master Ensuite & attached study. Recent gas furnace, continuous hot water, updated kitch & appliances including gourmet 5 burner Italian gas range & oven, & a pantry. Loft Bdrm in the attic, plus 3 more spacious bdrms, 2 w/ensuites, 3 baths in total. 6'5" partially developed basement with over 750 sqft as a canvas for the future owners inspiration. New fully fenced W facing yard & decks wi/fruit trees. A unique offering in Victoria's most sought after location, close to Willows Beach, Estevan Village & The Oak Bay Rec Center. Priced well below a recent appraisal. A unique offering in a fabulous location. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.