Greater Victoria Areas
412 2220 Sooke Road in VICTORIA: Co Hatley Park Condo Apartment for sale (Colwood) : MLS®# 416990$389,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 845 sq. ft.79 m2OPEN HOUSE- Saturday 1-3 Stunning top floor, bright corner unit with tons of natural light! 9' ceilings, crown moldings, LARGE den, a beautiful modern kitchen, gorgeous back splash, stainless steel appliances perfect for entertaining. Enjoy both morning and evening sun as you relax on the balcony with a cup of coffee or enjoy BBQ'ing on the fabulous deck. Take a short stroll to nearby shopping, Starbucks, restaurants, parks, or enjoy bike riding along the nearby galloping goose trail. Close to Royal Roads University and bus routes, bike locker, large storage unit, secure underground parking, rentable and pet friendly. One of the best locations in the building! Don't miss this one! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
3068 Metchosin Road in VICTORIA: Co Hatley Park Half Duplex for sale (Colwood) : MLS®# 416879$447,500Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,707 sq. ft.159 m2BRING OFFERS!! Motivated Sellers!! Cute renovated 1978 3 bed 2 bath 1700+ SqFt (300 SqFt is the enclosed rear deck area being used as a mudroom and the rear storage room converted to a den/bedroom) duplex on a family friendly cul-de-sac. Features include a spacious dining room, updated kitchen, large living room with gas fireplace, fully fenced backyard, plenty of parking, 3 storage sheds, enclosed patio, close to schools, Westshore Shopping Center, on a major Bus Route, short walk to parks and all amenities. This is a great starter for anyone entering the market. More detailsListed by Fair Realty
681 Donovan Avenue in VICTORIA: Co Hatley Park Single Family Detached for sale (Colwood) : MLS®# 416826$569,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,248 sq. ft.116 m2This beautifully renovated rancher is not to be missed! Check out this fabulous home with large entry, bright & open floorplan with custom cabinets in the kitchen, spacious living room with coved ceilings & laminate wood floors, dining area with French doors to the sunny south facing yard, large master suite (18x11) with walk in closet and ensuite. Other features include; fully updated main bath, window blinds, freshly painted inside and out. Fully fenced rear yard with firepit and new deck is great for enjoying the summer sun – detached garage with workshop and lots of extra storage. All of this in a great location on a quiet street within walking distance of West Shore Town Center, Galloping Goose and Parks. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Westshore
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.