Greater Victoria Areas
43 Logan Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 416940$598,800Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,172 sq. ft.202 m2OPEN SUNDAY 2-4 Located on a quiet street close to Gorge inlet and park, this 1918 family home has much to offer. The principal rooms are nicely proportioned retaining some charming character detail and appealing wood floors.There's a formal dining room with fireplace.The gorgeous custom kitchen with breakfast nook leads to a private sunny south -facing deck great for entertaining.Upstairs provides 3 bedrooms - the lovely master features a unique vaulted ceiling and fireplace(presently not used). The garden level offers a 4th bedroom, 2nd bathroom potential for an in-law suite. A HEAT PUMP keeps heating bills low. Updates include NEW ROOF, new water line from street, updated electrical and thermopane windows. attached workshop and lots of parking. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
207 Obed Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 416640$949,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,929 sq. ft.179 m2Be prepared to be amazed! This 1930s bright and cheery home has been carefully renovated in the most meticulous way, with no small detail overlooked. With all new insulation, plumbing, wiring, 200 amp service, windows and doors all you have to do is move in! On the upper level there are three generous sized bedrooms and a beautiful ensuite with heated tile floors. Entertaining will be a breeze with your open concept living and brand new kitchen that leads out to your sunny back deck overlooking your private grassy back yard that is mostly fenced. The freshly finished lower level has a large LEGAL one bedroom suite that is fully equipped and nice enough for mom! Come and check out this home today and be impressed by its great central location close to the popular Gorge Waterway, community gardens, bus routes, shopping, rec centre and walking trails. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
412 Obed Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 416438$509,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 689 sq. ft.64 m2Look no further, here's a sweet deal to start something new with this 1912 family home in a fantastic Saanich West location! The home does needs updating but also lends an opportunity to build something new. With a lot size of over 6000 sq ft, there's room for a fresh start to enjoy this prime location within walking distance of schools, shopping, transit and within 10 minutes of downtown Victoria. Lots of parking with room for the RV, as well as a flat fenced lot with fruit trees and plenty of space for the family to play. If you are looking for a DIY project or a flat lot to build on, put this on your must-see list today. Call now! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.