Greater Victoria Areas
3016 Wascana Street in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 405839$899,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,034 sq. ft.189 m2Open House Saturday Feb 23rd 2:00-4:00. Meticulous, Meticulous, METICULOUS. The attention to detail in this character house is pure craftsmanship. All the mechanics have been done from the foundation, drainage, insulation, thermopane windows, sewer and water supply. The cosmetics are fantastic with a custom classic white kitchen cabinets with Quartz counters, two renovated bathrooms, all the flooring, paint and trim. The detached studio or detached garage is as aesthetically charming as it is functional. Garden suite is not yet an option in Saanich but maybe one day? A rare west facing fenced yard with underground sprinklers to enjoy and watch the kids play. There are few houses of this quality that come to market and this property will appeal to the fussiest buyers. Located in the burgeoning Gorge neighbourhood where it is an easy bike commute on the Galloping Goose to downtown or uptown. Don’t wait on this one, this is a rare gem that will go fast! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
406 71 W Gorge Road in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 405861$439,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,023 sq. ft.95 m2This tastefully updated suite offers some views to the Gorge Waterway & great sunsets. Just move into this WEST facing TOP FLOOR unit at popular Cedar Shores. Over 1020 sq. ft. of bright modern living with 2 bedrooms & an enclosed balcony. Highlights include new laminate flooring & new carpets; fresh paint; updated kitchen w/ new stainless appliances, new cabinetry & countertops; new electric fireplace insert w/ new mantle & hearth; 2 updated bathrooms; walk-in closet in the master & new washer/dryer. Watch the rowers & kayakers as they glide past & the classic Pickle Boat ferries as they cruise down to Tillicum narrows. Exceptional amenities include tennis court, racquetball, indoor pool, social room & resident caretakers. 16 plus building & Rentals are OK. Situated on the beautiful Gorge waterway; just minutes to town & w/ shopping, bus routes, scenic walking trails & the Victoria Canoe & Kayak Club close by. An excellent investment or a great place to call home. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2950 Orillia Street in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 405736$760,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,702 sq. ft.158 m2Southeast facing centrally located and just steps to the Gorge waterway, this character home features many updates and improvements including: an upgraded kitchen and deck, vinyl windows, original hardwood floors, high-efficiency gas furnace, newer roof, front entrance, exterior recently painted, 200amp service and self-contained large 1bd/1bth suite. From the back deck, enjoy views of the surrounding area and large fully fenced backyard, beautiful flowers with plenty of sunlight (great for kids and pets!). This up and coming neighborhood is perfect for anyone looking to walk or use public transit, close to Fairway Market and Tillicum mall. Call today to view this home! More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.