Greater Victoria Areas
176 Obed Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 429590
176 Obed Avenue SW Gorge VICTORIA V9A 1J5$649,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,023 sq. ft.95 m2On the market for the first time since new in 1973, this 3 bedroom, full basement home represents excellent value and is sure to please. The cathedral entry leads to a spacious main floor offering a 16’ living room w/FP, adjacent dining room w/sundeck access, kitchen w/breakfast nook, master bedroom w/”cheater ensuite” access to the main 4 pc bath, plus 2 additional bedrooms. Downstairs in the daylight walk-out lower level (7’3” ceiling height) is an unfinished family room w/FP, large laundry/utility area with rough-in plumbing for another bathroom plus loads of storage areas. Recent roof (2015), gas HWT (2012), gas furnace (2013), fibreglas front door & sidelite (2014), double pane windows, level 6300 sq. ft. lot, single carport plus driveway parking. Terrific neighborhood only a short walk to Gorge Park and close to all amenities. Please confirm all important measurements & details. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
403 150 W Gorge Road in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 428531
403 150 W Gorge Road SW Gorge VICTORIA V8V 3K8$399,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,085 sq. ft.101 m2SOUTH FACING WATER & MOUNTAIN VIEWS! TOP FLOOR two-bedroom, two-bathroom 1085 SQFT suite in a well run building with a large contingency fund. Some updates include, carpets, lino, countertops, and light fixtures. Seldom do you find a large 1000+ SQFT suite available with ensuite bathroom, in-suite laundry, dishwasher, fireplace and an enclosed balcony that can be utilized as an artist's studio or flex space. All in beautiful condition. Within walking distance of grocery shopping & bus routes. Located right across the street from the beautiful Gorge water way, Gorge parks & summer swimming. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
301 2940 Harriet Road in VICTORIA: SW Gorge Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 428460
301 2940 Harriet Road SW Gorge VICTORIA V9A 1T3$459,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 845 sq. ft.79 m2Bright and private 2 Bdrm 2 Full Bath SE facing corner condo with wrap around balcony. Upgraded bathrooms, kitchen, flooring, window coverings, and ensuite washer and dryer. Walking distance to parks, trails, shopping, and bus routes. Rentals (30 days minimum) pets (no size restriction ) and children permitted. Secured underground parking, generous storage locker, and bike storage included. Rooftop patio with views to Sooke Hills and the Olympics. Located in Harriet Gardens. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.