Gordon HeadSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
4459 Torquay Drive in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 419474$1,950,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- 2Prime Gordon Head development site! This one owner property represents a tremendous opportunity for developers or investors alike, there just aren’t many parcels like this left! The lot is more than half an acre, flat and in the heart of one of the nicest parts of Gordon Head, with many luxury homes in the immediate area. Walking distance to schools, transportation, parks and trails. Current zoning is RS-6 and Saanich suggests potential to develop into 4 lots, please confirm all details with Saanich. The value is in the land – 1951 built house is being sold as is - but the house is very livable and could easily be rented while planning is taking place. The much-loved property is being sold to settle an estate, new owners will have a very special part of Saanich to turn into something very special! Lot and house viewing by appointment please. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
4434 Majestic Drive in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 419369$899,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,443 sq. ft.227 m2Located in graceful Gordon Head, this elegant character home offers traditional styling and original charm with the modern conveniences of a tastefully restored and kept home. The five-bedroom home features brick fireplace, cove ceilings, oak flooring, and a beautiful staircase leading to a top floor master bedroom with private ensuite. On the main you’ll find two bedroom, a 4-piece bath and a functional kitchen with built-in appliances featuring views of Mt. Doug. Downstairs is a fully finished basement currently serving as secondary 2-bedroom accommodation with its own entrance and laundry; perfect as a mortgage helper. Beautifully landscaped with a brand-new west-facing deck and easy access to back yard. Easy to care yard fully fenced front and rear! BONUS: huge driveway with 585 sq/ft DETACHED DOUBLE CAR GARAGE perfect for a workshop or other possibilities. Newer vinyl windows. Gas forced air and gas HWT. Lovely residential neighbour close to Mt. Doug, ocean, UVIC and amenities. More detailsListed by Fair Realty
1876 San Miguel Road in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 419334$880,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,932 sq. ft.179 m2This is the Gordon Head property you have been looking for! This exceptional well laid out and bright family home in a prime location within Gordon Head checks a lot of boxes for buyers and investors alike. As well as being listed below assessed, this property offers four bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, recreational room, kitchen, dining room, sunroom/breakfast nook and large deck. The location allows for easy access to the amenities that you are looking for when purchasing a property. Close to the ocean, parks, schools, shops and Uvic, this is the home that buyers keep waiting to come on the market. Gas forced air furnace with gas fireplace insert allow for great efficiency in regards to your heating needs. Situated on a 10,500 sqft flat rectangle south facing lot on a quiet street, the large yard is fully fenced and great for a family with young kids and or pets. You don’t want to miss out as properties like this don’t come up often. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.