Greater Victoria Areas
305 King George Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 410979$2,750,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,582 sq. ft.333 m2Rare opportunity to acquire an outstanding waterfront home in sought after South Oak Bay at a very appealing price. Three levels featuring floor to ceiling windows looking picturesque McNeill Bay. The main level provides a newly renovated kitchen, a spacious living room with fireplace, a dining room with a sea front balcony, plus a comfortable den with a fireplace and powder room. The second level has a spacious sea front master bedroom suite with a 4 piece bathroom,dressing room and a spacious walk-in closet. There are two additional bedrooms and full bathroom as well on this level. The 3 level spacious recreation room also has a comfortable guest bedroom with full bathroom. The seaside outdoor area provides a tranquil patio space with access to a waterfront deck which at times provides a scene of Killer Whales trans versing between South Oak Bay and Trial Island. Truly a wonderful residence of serenity and nature at your doorstep. Waterfront elegance from every level awaits you! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1926 Crescent Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 410520$2,999,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,550 sq. ft.330 m2Exquisite Landmark Tudor residence in Gonzales Bay w/breathtaking panoramic SouthWest Ocean views! This charming 1912 character "legal non-conforming duplex" + w/nanny suite has been completely renovated & tastefully designed throughout. Unbeatable location elevated up high on sunny Gonzales Hill this prestigious home in Oak Bay was originally designed by Architect Samuel Hearn for the owner- Sir Ernest Alfred Montford-Williams & has 180-degree views to watch the magnificent sunsets, Olympic Mountain views & City lights. Steps to Gonzales Beach & minutes to downtown! Features: Tuscan chefs kitchen,Gas fired hot water heat w/high-efficiency gas furnace, 6 gas F/Ps & gas cooking. Lovely Jetoba Brazilian cherry floors, spa-like ensuite off master bedroom, elegant open floorplan w/ quality accents in all aspects of the home. Mature landscaping & design surrounds the main gardens & gorgeous masonry features and bluestone/ slate stairwell. A true pleasure to show & experience. Take a look! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
273 King George Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 410542$5,310,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 7,345 sq. ft.682 m21.27 acres of rare south facing Oak Bay Waterfront.This large private estate features a 6600 square foot main house with 4 beds and 5 baths, plus a beach house on the water’s edge that captures the ocean breezes of the Salish Sea. Marvel at the breathtaking views across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic Mountains from virtually every room in this home. Originally built in 1934, the main home has been renovated over the years but still pays homage to the elegance of a bygone era. The gated property slopes gently down to the water’s edge and features mature plantings with an abundance of Azaleas, Camellias, and Rhododendrons. Stroll the meandering pathways that weave around the property or relax on one of the many patios or stone terraces. Located in Victoria, BC’s premiere neighbourhood, this home is perfectly situated a short distance to Victoria’s famed Inner Harbour, the charming village of Oak Bay and the Victoria Golf Club. RS-3 zoning with development potential. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.