Greater Victoria Areas
273 King George Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 420151$4,900,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 7,345 sq. ft.682 m21.27 acres of rare south facing Oak Bay Waterfront.This large private estate features a 6600 square foot main house with 4 beds and 5 baths, plus a beach house on the water’s edge that captures the ocean breezes of the Salish Sea. Marvel at the breathtaking views across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic Mountains from virtually every room in this home. Originally built in 1934, the main home has been renovated over the years but still pays homage to the elegance of a bygone era. The gated property slopes gently down to the water’s edge and features mature plantings with an abundance of Azaleas, Camellias, and Rhododendrons. Stroll the meandering pathways that weave around the property or relax on one of the many patios or stone terraces. Located in Victoria, BC’s premiere neighbourhood, this home is perfectly situated a short distance to Victoria’s famed Inner Harbour, the charming village of Oak Bay and the Victoria Golf Club. RS-3 zoning with development potential. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
299 King George Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 419783$1,898,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 5,925 sq. ft.550 m2One of a kind home located on a spectacular WATERFRONT lot with an expansive water view. This home offers an interesting floor plan on 4 different levels. Interesting architectural design with vaulted ceilings with a row of roof top windows that flood the home with light. All the rooms are spacious and most look at the sea. There are 4 bathrooms and 5 fireplaces! Abundance of windows , hot water heating, decks and balconies to take advantage of the incredible outlooks. There is a lovely winding path through the garden down and close to the water where there is potential for a secret garden lookout. Located in the popular OAK BAY area and is close to the best schools, shopping, U of Vic, golf courses and more. This home is in good condition with incredible potential. Price Reduction to: $1,898,000 More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2378 Esplanade in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 417564$2,995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,247 sq. ft.302 m2Smart, modern residence on the steps of Willows Beach. With its minimalist style, this home highlights the view of one of Victoria's most popular and beautiful beaches, while still providing privacy. Host friends and family in style with a catering level kitchen and adjacent dining room, and comfortable living room, all surrounding a double sided FP. Two bedrooms for kids or guests in the full height basement with full sized windows. Retire to the master, perched alone on the top floor with generous walk in closet, 5pc ensuite and full sized office with stunning beach views and a fireplace. Multiple decks on three levels help enjoy the mature, manicured garden that surrounds the property. Two premier Canadian golf courses, Royal Victoria Yacht Club and numerous local villages provide the quintessential Oak Bay beach-side lifestyle. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.