Greater Victoria Areas
220 Denison Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 421128$1,499,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,461 sq. ft.229 m2There are few locations like Gonzales Hill in Oak Bay. Up on top of Denison Street there are a handful of properties with southwest exposure to the ocean and the city. Steps away from Obersrvatory Hill, Walbran Park and Gonzales Hill Regional Park, 220 Denison offers a 12,300 sq ft - 100 ft wide by 123 ft deep - southwest backing freehold, not bare land strata, property that could be either a dramatic building lot or a significant renovation/rebuild of the existing 1939 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home. RS4 zoning with .4 floor area ratio allows for flexibility in adding on to existing or building new as well as the width of lot allowing for the highest allowable building height in the residential zone, so add up or build up. rarely available, this may be the opportunity for which you've been waiting! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
207 Denison Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 420931$1,950,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,520 sq. ft.420 m2Sitting on over 10,000 sq.ft. of private grounds and picture-perfect rock gardens, this exceptional home (bare land strata) flows seamlessly into wild and beautiful Walbran Park and then delivers stunning views of the strait of Juan de Fuca, gulf islands and Olympics. The well-built residence has been designed to take full advantage of those views from all principal rooms; natural light abounds throughout. Secluded sun-bathed patios have been thoughtfully conceived, blending with the rock outcrops - ideal spots for a quiet cup of tea in privacy. Step into the home & find yourself in an impressive foyer with multi-skylights. The main floor offers a generous layout with 3 BR & 3 BA (exquisite Japanese inspired master ensuite), entertainment-sized LR, formal DR, big kitchen with pantry & breakfast area, adjoining family room. The lower floor with huge library/office, 4th BR, 4th BA works well for your growing family, for your professional space or for your envious guests! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
205 Denison Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 420797$1,445,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,089 sq. ft.287 m2If you’re looking for a wonderful Oak Bay, Gonzales location w/ views to the Gulf & San Juan Islands, Coast Range mountains, Mt. Baker & Strait of Juan de Fuca from most rooms on the main floor, look no further. Bring your ideas and personal touches. Kitchen adjacent to breakfast nook & large family rm. Upper level offers a spacious Master Bedrm w/5 pce ensuite, 4 skylights provide more sunlight, 2 additional large bedrooms & full bath plus powder room. Entry level features custom oak finishing in welcoming foyer, a private den, 4th bedroom, full bathroom, plus more than ample storage. Huge oversize garage with mezzanine. All day sun. Steps to Walbran Park. You’ll love the neighbourhood. Denison Heights is a quality, quiet, area with beautifully landscaped gardens. 10 minutes to downtown, hospital, buses, restaurants, two world class golf courses nearby. Great price, almost $500K under assessed value. Come check out the value in this unique home! More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.