Greater Victoria Areas
296 King George Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423638
296 King George Terrace OB Gonzales VICTORIA V8S 2K2$1,319,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,825 sq. ft.170 m2Lovingly cared for 1938 character home sits perched on a large 10,000+ sq ft lot, on one of the most prestigious streets in Oak Bay Gonzales - King George Terrace. This property gives buyers plenty of options: Move in, keep as a holding property, renovate or build new. The current home offers a cozy yet classic feeling with its coved ceilings, oak floors, formal dining room and bright sunroom. The floor plan is mostly one level living with 3 Bedrooms and 1.5 baths on the main, including a 2pc master ensuite. In the basement there is ample storage, a finished flex space and room for a workshop. And outside is a secluded SW facing backyard and deck, ideal for those that appreciate privacy and sunshine. Large detached garage is a nice added bonus. There are many fine schools, the Oak Bay shoreline and Oak Bay Village nearby. This is truly a wonderful property in a setting that is second to none! More detailsListed by Duttons & Co. Real Estate Ltd
1933 Crescent Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423679
1933 Crescent Road OB Gonzales VICTORIA V8S 2G9$3,000,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,240 sq. ft.301 m2For More Information - see "Multimedia/Brochure" buttons below. This 1925 Craftsman home, which has been almost completely redone and has radiant in-floor heating in all bathrooms; is on Gonzales Bay, facing due south at the tip of Vancouver Island. Walk directly onto Victoria's most popular beach, accessed from the bottom of the property. On either side of are homes valued at over 5 million dollars. Enjoy a beach lifestyle all year round, with unobstructed views of the Salish Sea, as well as Washington State's Olympic Mountains and Port Angeles, but with none of the noise that you would expect from such a popular beach, thanks to the location of the property. Walking distance to schools, shops, parks and tennis courts. Ten minute drive to downtown. More detailsListed by Stratten Gates Real Estate Ltd.
389 Sunset Avenue in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423579
389 Sunset Avenue OB Gonzales VICTORIA V8S 4L3$1,490,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,900 sq. ft.177 m2Immaculate three level split home nestled on a quiet tree lined street in South Oak Bay. Lovingly cared for by the current owners with many thoughtful updates over the years. The main floor is spacious and elegant and features gourmet kitchen, living room with fireplace, and family room. The home is surrounded by beautiful gardens that feature a colourful mixture of perennials Enjoy privacy from the South facing fenced back garden, a tranquil setting to savour a good book on a sunny afternoon. A coveted Oak Bay location with the sandy beaches of McNeill Bay, the trails and stunning vistas of Walbran Park, European Cafes, and many fine schools nearby. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.