Greater Victoria Areas
578 Kenneth Street in VICTORIA: SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 417697$709,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,008 sq. ft.187 m2Classic 50's bungalow in the very convenient area of Glanford, close to all levels of schools, Parks, shopping and bus routes. 3 Bedroom main floor with w/w carpeting over hardwood floors, 4 pce main bathroom plus kitchen with breakfast/dinning nook. Full basement has great potential for future development. Large rec room plus laundry and 4th bedroom or office and 3 pce bath. Roof is new as well as perimeter drains. Sunny west exposure in beautiful back yard. Ready for immediate occupancy. Call now for an appointment to view More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes Ltd - Sidney
4137 Glanford Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 417420$799,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,441 sq. ft.227 m2Fantastic opportunity in Glanford with 6 beds and 3 baths! So may ways to make this house work for you! Many recent updates including Paint (inside and out), updated flooring, shaker style kitchen and 3 beautiful fresh baths. The main level consists of a bright open concept living, dinning, kitchen and a 4 piece bath with a lovely clawfoot tub. This level has 2 large beds and an incredible outdoor private covered deck; AKA the Lanai. Upstairs is a huge private master retreat with a 3 piece bathroom with walk in shower and ample closet space. Through the Lanai and downstairs is the Laundry room and another 3 beds as well as a large family room with separate entrance; perfect for in-laws or a potential suite conversion. Other upgrades include a new gas furnace, windows, roof and appliances all with RV parking. 10 minute commute to downtown Victoria and just minutes to Royal Oak Shopping Center with Red Barn Grocery Store, and Broadmead Mall. This home won’t last long! More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
591 Baker Street in VICTORIA: SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 417317$649,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,300 sq. ft.121 m2* Sold - subject to probate * GREAT OPPORTUNITY to live in a central, family friendly neighbourhood, close to all levels of schools, amenities and downtown. This home is ready for you to bring your decorating ideas and transform it into the home you’ve been dreaming of! Well maintained, including newer roof, hot water tank, windows, oil tank and perimeter drains. Full basement offers potential to create a revenue or in-law suite, or expand the finished square footage of the home. The sunny south facing back yard is spacious enough for kids to play, create a garden area, and add a studio, shed or greenhouse. Soak up the summer sun, BBQ and entertain on the large, private patio. The single attached garage is perfect to store your special toys or have a hobby. This is a fabulous opportunity to get into the market in a sought-after central location, providing an easy commute to all areas of Greater Victoria. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.