Greater Victoria Areas
571 Judah Street in VICTORIA: SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 413760$784,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,200 sq. ft.204 m2*Open Houses Saturday July 20th 2-4, Sunday July 21st 11-1* The home in the core that families have been waiting for has arrived! This beautifully updated 5 BED - 3 BATH home boasts an additional studio suite in an incredible central location. A contemporary kitchen is the perfect centrepiece for the main living area of the home which flows from living, dining, and out onto an expansive South-facing deck and private backyard. Perfect for gatherings of family and friends, the thoughtfully updated finish of each room will impress. A spacious laundry/mud room will help keep clutter clear on the lower level and you will enjoy stepping into your master bedroom with vaulted ceilings, ensuite, and walk-in closet. All this within walking distance to Glanford School, the Panama Flats, Glanford Park, the Colquitz River Trail, and Galloping Goose. Don't miss it. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
594 Kenneth Street in VICTORIA: SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 413188$769,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,270 sq. ft.118 m2In-law suite potential! Charming 1953 built 3 bedroom, 2126 sq.ft. family home first time on the market since 1975 & ready for immediate occupancy. Original oak hardwood floors & cove ceilings throughout. Spacious living room with cozy wood-burning fireplace & in-line dining area for those large family gatherings. Bright kitchen with eating area, plenty of counter space, a window above the sink & a door to the 13'8"x9'7" back deck - perfect for barbeques & outdoor entertaining or to savour your morning coffee as you enjoy the peace, quiet and privacy of your mature, lush, level, & landscaped .20 acre backyard oasis. BONUS: in-law suite potential full-height unfinished basement with roughed-in cold-storage, 2 bedrooms, family room & laundry/storage room awaiting your finishing ideas & a door to the single garage with workshop area & plenty of extra storage. Very convenient & central location. You don't want to miss this opportunity - invest some sweat equity & this could be a real gem! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
4094 Atlas Place in : SW Glanford Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 413047$699,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,456 sq. ft.228 m2This Welcoming large 2456+ Sqft, 1967 built family home, with new paint, floors and new gas furnace, on a large 9252 sqft lot with a spacious bachelor suite located on a quiet cul-de-sac in the ever popular Glanford area. Close to everything you could need, Up Town mall 5 minutes and Downtown Victoria ten minutes away, schools close by. Ground Level entrance upper floor with 3 bedrooms, bright spacious living-dining room with large sunroom and 2-year-old 246 sqft deck looking west over the large private back yard. The full lower level offers a large bachelor suite new paint and carpets, 2 separate private entrances, 23x12 laundry rm, cedar sauna rm see PDS, storage office space, workshop 15x11, 25x14 patio level with the back yard. Great neighbours... this all awaits your finishing ideas. $40,000 below assessment floor plans by Realfoto More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.