Greater Victoria Areas
195 Sims Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gateway Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 415053$749,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,165 sq. ft.201 m2Open House, Sat., Sept. 21, 12-1:30 MUST SEE! Solidly built 50’s home w/ large open concept Kitchen/DR, c/w built in bar/dish up area piped for water for tied in to fridge. Granite counters, lots of storage in Kit. & Pantry/Laundry/3 pce Bath. Stylish wood stove in comfy L/R, French-door enclosed Den w/ private patio. Upstairs, re-join 1st & 2nd Bdrms to restore to original 28’ x 10’9”. Large 3rd Bdrm w/ coved closets & ceiling fan. 4th Bdrm is bright & 1 of 2 entries to 5th Bdrm over garage (18’6” x 16’) w/ ceiling fan. Superb business space, w/ stairs to garage. 4 pce Bath w/ vaulted ceiling, two skylights (new 2018), & soaker tub. New H2O tank 2017 & new roof, W/D, & D/W 2018. New electric heat, laminate floors in Bdrms, upgraded 200A panel in 2010. Big garage w/ ample storage. Shed in backyard & gated paved RV/boat pad. Big corner lot, privacy hedges, 360° fencing, in quiet neighbourhood. Ideal for big family & wheelchair on 1st Flr. 2 car driveway & lots of street parking. More detailsListed by One Percent Realty
205 3724 Harriet Road in VICTORIA: SW Gateway Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 414753$395,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,029 sq. ft.96 m2Bright 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo located on the quiet side of Harriet Ridge in the Uptown area. Includes in-suite laundry, kitchen/breakfast area, separate dining room, large living room with a gas fireplace, large balcony and master bedroom with a full ensuite bathroom. "Incredible Closets" thoughtfully installed throughout this home for organizational ease. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
79 Regina Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Gateway Land for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 413332$319,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- 413332OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY! Rare, freehold small footprint building lot ideal for a trendy, affordable & sustainable lifestyle in an established Saanich neighbourhood. Approved plans designed by Cascadia Architects w/municipal variances in place to build a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, open-concept, approx. 1106 sqft 2 story house (approx. 570sqft main level & approx. 538sqft top level). Lot is 25 feet by 89 feet (approx. 2218 sqft). Storm, water, & sewer hook ups to the lot have already been installed. The current approx. 590 sqft garage w/driveway can be utilized in the meantime. A 5 min. bike ride along popular Galloping Goose trail & quiet residential streets takes you to Uptown & major amenities including Browns Social House, Whole Foods, shopping, banking & restaurants. Bike the Galloping Goose trail to downtown in approx. 15 minutes. Southwest facing backyard w/lots of sunshine & beautiful mature maple tree gracing the front yard. Choose your builder. Ready, set, build! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.