Greater Victoria Areas
1418 Ryan Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421113$1,269,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,505 sq. ft.233 m2This beautifully refreshed Art Modern home sits well off the street in the highly desirable community of Fernwood. Renovations have taken this home to a whole new level of elegance. With an abundance of windows and entertaining spaces, stunning custom kitchen, coffered ceilings throughout, custom built ins, gas fireplace and new back deck. Top floor presents a master bedroom sanctuary with its own roof area. Lower level features two more bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and large family room with fireplace and custom built ins. This is a special home. New features include complete plumbing, all electrical and 200 amp panel, windows, doors, insulation, siding, drywall, trim, 5” solid maple flooring, subfloor and carpeting, interior and exterior paint, roof flashing and garden shed. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
1905 Shakespeare Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421126$929,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,881 sq. ft.175 m2Situated in the much sought after Fernwood Neighbourhood, this wonderful 2-Level Family Home offers a Living Room with Fireplace, separate Formal Dining Room for entertaining, spacious Kitchen with Breakfast Nook, 2-Level Sun Deck accessible from the Kitchen & Dining Room, 2-Piece Powder Room, Laundry Room, Single-Car Garage and a large Hobby Room with separate entrance that is ideal for a Home-Based Business, all on the Main Floor. Upstairs you will find 3 spacious bedrooms, including a large Master Bedroom with splashy 4-Piece Ensuite plus a 4-Piece Main Bathroom. This beautifully maintained 1986 Home is located just steps from Stadacona Park, Stadacona Centre, Fernwood Village and only minutes from Jubilee Hospital, Oak Bay Rec Centre, Save-On-Foods, Bus Transportation and so much more. Easy to View - Call Today! More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
2137 Spring Road in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 419976$779,999Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,870 sq. ft.174 m2Beautiful central Fernwood area home! Main level has 2 bedrooms plus 2 washrooms and an eat-in area in the kitchen. Covered deck is situated off the living room looking into the fenced backyard with gardens, fig tree, cherry tree, grapes and peach tree. Upper level has a family room with 4 piece washroom and four more bedrooms. Separate sub-panel. Potential development in the basement. Easy accessibility by bus and bike to UVIC and Camosun College. Lot is zoned multi-family. Lots of potential, get into the market now with this great home! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.