Greater Victoria Areas
1815 Stanley Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 416056$979,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,753 sq. ft.163 m2This exquisite home has a stunning private yard located in the popular Fernwood neighborhood. Immaculate property with a private country feel yet walk able to most amenities. Every attention to detail has been completed leaving it move in ready, from newer roof, windows and perimeter drains. All tile floors are heated in Kitchen, laundry, hallway and bathroom. The detached studio can easily be converted back to a detached garage or detached workshop for the people wanting a different use of the space. This rare find has off street parking, fenced back yard, nice one bedroom basement suite and many updates throughout. The one bedroom suite can easily be a two bedroom suite with the flex bedroom on the lower floor. This one absolutely needs to be seen in person to appreciate. For the out of towners, check out the Matterport 3-D tour for the house and studio on the multimedia link. Come out to our open house and see for yourself. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
4 1331 Johnson Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 415818$429,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,183 sq. ft.110 m2Family and Pet Friendly. Bright Corner suite 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. Walking distance to downtown and steps to Fernwood Village. The kitchen features custom lighting, glass and metal backsplash, new stainless appliances and flooring. Great layout with open plan dining and living room with a deck off. In-suite laundry. Large pantry room for storage or extra office space. The Master Bedroom has a full Ensuite and plenty of closet space. A Unique building design featuring a front and back door to the suite and lovely yard surrounding building. Covered Parking, bike storage plus sep. storage locker. Bring your pet. Small dog or two cats, 2 birds-allowed. No age restrictions in this Family friendly 9 unit strata bldg. Roof has recently been replaced and the exterior siding is the process of being painted. Convenient BC Transit stops at your door for easy commutes throughout the area and direct to UVIC. Enjoy life in this well cared for building. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
1247 Rudlin Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 415614$939,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,691 sq. ft.157 m2Situated on a quiet Fernwood street, this 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom home is just minutes walk from both downtown and Fernwood village. Built in 2007, with a long list of enhancements done in the past 5 years, this property provides urban living at its best. The main level offers a comfortable living room with gas fireplace, kitchen outfitted with granite countertops, SS appliances, and a walk-in pantry, as well as an open dining area perfect for large gatherings. These spaces continue to impress with 9’ ceilings, hardwood floors, and a connection to the back yard. The sunny south facing garden features a spacious deck, gas bbq hookup, ample greenspace, and a fully fenced yard. Truly a Master suite, the main bedroom offers a walk-in closet and an ensuite with heated floors and stone countertops. Two more generous sized bedrooms, as well as a laundry area, finish out the second floor. Not to be missed is the heated crawlspace and incredible built in storage throughout. More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.