Greater Victoria Areas
205 1518 Pandora Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 427671
205 1518 Pandora Avenue Vi Fernwood VICTORIA V8R 1A8$419,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,124 sq. ft.104 m2Welcome to Forest Hills, this bright south-facing two bedroom, two bathroom unit is in a great location just steps away from Oakbay Avenue. This great layout of 1,100 sq/ft condo has a great functional floor plan and has been upgraded through the years, giving it a great modern feel with a huge floor plan not often found in new condos. The newer kitchen has upgraded heated tiles, granite counter tops, and stainless appliances. New carpet, trim, paint, and entertainment shelf create for a beautiful and inviting home. Loads of extra features complete this package such as tons of in-suite storage, in-suite laundry, walk-in closet, secure underground parking. Perfect location, next to Stadacona Center, walk to Red Barn Market or downtown. Tons of parks, schools, and bus routes right outside your door. More detailsListed by Fair Realty
3 1146 Caledonia Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Row/Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 427564
3 1146 Caledonia Avenue Vi Fernwood VICTORIA V8T 1G1$589,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 926 sq. ft.86 m2Beautiful townhome on the Fernwood border, one of the most vibrant communities in Victoria. All the character & charm of a turn of the century home but modern construction. Built in 2017 & still under warranty, it sold out right away & this is the 1st resale since new. You'll feel welcome as you enter the gated front walk, take in the character front-façade & lovely landscaping. As you enter this open concept home, you'll notice the high 9' ceilings & light filled rooms w/south facing windows. Stylish laminate flooring thruout unit make this home modern & bright. Fabulous kitchen features S/S appliances, large eating bar, quartz countertops & white cabinets. Upstairs you'll find a bright master bedroom w/walk-in closet, a 4-piece bath & 2nd bedrm. Bonus storage in attic as well. Bike storage & parking. Pets & Rentals welcome. Walkscore of 88! Walk to shops, live events, restaurants etc. You'll love this home & access to the Downtown/Fernwood lifestyle! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
1336 Grant Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 427534
1336 Grant Street Vi Fernwood VICTORIA V8R 1M3$799,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,331 sq. ft.124 m2A gem in the heart of the eclectic and trendy Fernwood area. You are a short stroll away from everything that makes Fernwood what it is – dining, coffee shop, community centre, etc. You will be delighted with the heritage and trendy feel of this 1910 home. New hand-scraped Acacia floors, formal living/dining, 2/3 bedrooms on main, and a large newly tiled bathroom containing a refinished claw-foot bathtub. The bright and newer kitchen has newer cabinets, countertops, and backsplash. Upstairs you'll find a great guestroom or play area and some extra storage. Outside you'll find a refurbished deck, greenhouse, irrigated veggie & fruit gardens, chicken coop, and fruit trees. The basement is perfect for storage and a workshop. Don’t miss out on this delightful Fernwood home! More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.