Greater Victoria Areas
202 St. Charles Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Half Duplex for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 414979$850,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,228 sq. ft.114 m2OPEN HOUSE Sat Aug 24, 2:00-4:00PM Lovely 1/2 duplex in an absolutely superb Fairfield location. Within steps to the ocean and a popular shopping plaza, this versatile home is perfect for a retired couple looking to downsize or others wanting a private and quiet lifestyle. This home has been updated with hardwood flooring, granite counters, new gas fireplace. A one-car garage is accessed off the back lane. Plenty of street parking too. Access a private patio from the master bedroom. Fully fenced yard affords privacy and is perfect for a small pet. No strata fees. This home offers a wonderful lifestyle, situated to take advantage of Victoria’s charming offerings. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
1851 Crescent Road in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 414675$5,000,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,810 sq. ft.447 m2This world class residence, designed for privacy and resort-style living, is constructed at the highest standards on a sheltered, South-facing beachfront property on Gonzales Bay, Victoria. Open-concept design with exquisite details and masterful craftsmanship create a warm ambiance and timeless look defining West Coast contemporary high-quality architecture. Floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors open to spacious terraces allowing a seamless transition to nature’s beauty and expansive views of the ocean and Olympic mountains. The professional kitchen with butler pantry is ideal for entertaining and an outdoor gas fireplace provides comfort year-round. The roof top patio is perfect for stargazing. Enjoy the recreational spa and private guest level which opens to an oxygenated lap pool with an infinity edge and waterfall. The upper level master suite with intimate patios is a retreat in itself and for added convenience - your own private elevator. More detailsListed by The Agency
1683 Richardson Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 414500$1,199,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,597 sq. ft.241 m2Classic mid-century Victoria home boasts prime Fairfield location, X-large lot & brand new suite. A stone’s throw from Gonzales beach/observatory & beautiful gardens at Government House. Easy access by car/bike/foot to downtown, Royal JubileeHospital, Oak Bay shopping, Fairfield & Cook Street village, the best schools, parks & shopping. Fully fenced front & back, south-facing lot just shy of 10,000 ft2. Glorious mature trees provide a park-like sanctuary. Extra off-street parking (space for boat/RV).This 3bed/2bath home shines w/ X-large kitchen leading to covered patio and elevated family rm/yoga studio drenched in sun & nestled in the tree tops. Down, offers “flex room”, storage space & lots of potential to develop. Separate LEGAL 1 bed/1bth GardenSuite incorporates European engineering, practical living solutions, high-end detailing & private garden oasis. Optional mortgage helper or buyer could live it in and rent out the main floor! More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.