Greater Victoria Areas
115 Robertson Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 416766$959,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,431 sq. ft.133 m2Steps to the ocean! Right across the street from beach access sits this quaint home in a desirable Fairfield neighbourhood near Gonzales & Ross Bay Beach. Inside you will find oak floors, coved ceilings, stained glass, corner windows and lots of charm. A sun filled entry welcomes you into a living room with wood fireplace, separate dining room, country style kitchen with gas range, 2 bedrooms on the main, one with heated floors and its own entrance, great for a home office. Upstairs is a spacious master suite with skylight & ocean glimpses from the office area. The dining room opens to a newer, private deck amidst mature gardens. This home is ready for you to move in with fresh exterior paint and seismic upgrades, high efficiency gas furnace, plus garage & basement for storage. Glenlyon-Norfolk & Margaret Jenkins School nearby, as is Hollywood Park, tennis courts, Dallas Road, Cook St Village, Downtown and more! Victoria living at its finest! Open House Sat & Sun 2-4 (Oct 12 & 13.) More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
205 1969 Oak Bay Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 416704$799,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,122 sq. ft.104 m2Experience Village living at its finest! Built by award-winning Abstract Developments, Village Walk is comprised of 22 exclusive Residences on Oak Bay Avenue- steps to cafés, galleries, shops and more, and minutes to Downtown and the Victoria Golf Club. This 2 Bed, 2 Bath northeast corner Residence highlights the surrounding area views while letting the light pour into a stunning open plan layout with over-height ceilings and stunning wood windows. Elegantly-appointed interior includes gourmet kitchen w/ premium Jenn Air appliances , quartz counters and two-tone cabinetry, 50” electric fireplace, spa-like baths, in-floor heat and generous storage throughout. Generous patio with water and gas hookups. Underground parking, locker & bike lockup included. This is a wonderful offering. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
855 Richmond Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 416619$850,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,393 sq. ft.129 m2Open house Oct. 12, 2pm - 4pm. Well cared for serene & peaceful home. Same owner for last 45 years. A blank canvas to create your own masterpiece. Well designed open floor plan. Character galore with original fir & oak hardwood floors inlaid with walnut accents, original fixtures & coved ceilings. Premium location adjacent to Glenlyon Norfolk School. A short stroll to Government House’s amazing public gardens, charming Oak Bay village’s many amenities, as well as the Gonzales & Ross Bay public beaches. Superb location in the heart of the most desirable neighbourhood in Victoria. Functional walkout basement with level front & back yards. Great bones & top-quality upgrades. New hot water tank, roof & steel basement door in recent years. More upgrades include enhanced insulation, perimeter drains & premium windows. Converted to gas furnace, fireplace & hot water tank. Back lane access, garage & carport offers convenient parking for four vehicles. Potential for suite or carriage house. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes Ltd. - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.