Greater Victoria Areas
1906 Fairfield Road in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 419092$874,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,389 sq. ft.129 m2Centrally located in the desirable Gonzales Neighbourhood adjacent Abakhazi Gardens on the Oak Bay Border. This 1985 Home rests on a 6,878 square foot lot and features: No Step Entry with desirable One Level Living, 3 Bedrooms and 2 full Baths, updated exterior with Cedar siding, walk score of 59, R1-G Zoning that will allow for the addition of a Garden Suite, Wood Burning Fireplace, Newer Roof, 2 Big Decks for outdoor living and a Double Car Garage. So convenient with the Fairfield Shopping Centre, Oak Bay Village, Ocean and quality schools all close by. Priced a whopping - $205,100 below the assessed value this property offers tremendous value for those who are prepared to do some interior updates and reap the rewards. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
166 Robertson Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 418973$1,049,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,886 sq. ft.175 m2Sip your drink on the front porch, admire the stately trees & ocean glimpses. Dream about the possibilities; large 5990 sq. ft. lot backing west, potential for great views, renovate, lift, build new or hold as an investment. Lovingly cherished & the first time offered for sale in over 80 years. The home retains all the original charm of the era: leaded glass, built-in cabinets, generous room sizes. Bright & sun filled home yet cozy with living room gas fireplace and country style kitchen with gas heater. Bedroom on main and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Lots of storage downstairs. Across the road there are new homes on waterfront lots and sought-after Gonzales Beach. This location is about lifestyle. Close to Cook St Village, Fairfield Plaza, Hollywood Park, tennis courts & schools. Hard to beat & priced $91K below assessment! In Victoria’s desirable Fairfield - When you have the location, options abound. More detailsListed by Jonesco Real Estate Inc
1555 Earle Place in VICTORIA: Vi Fairfield East Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 418839$1,018,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,061 sq. ft.191 m2Bright and inviting Fairfield home with existing and secondary suite. Settle into one of Victoria’s best neighbourhoods with this well maintained and smartly updated bungalow. Modern kitchens and bathrooms compliment the warm living spaces to make this a great family home with the benefit of being close to Dallas Rd and the southern end of the island. Downtown is a short drive or bike, great schools nearby and being on a quiet cul-de-sac all contribute to the sense of community. Separate laundry and entrance make this mortgage helper autonomous from the main house. Neighbouring Ross Bay mall let’s you keep the car at home. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Victoria
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.