Greater Victoria Areas
2044 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 420547$1,299,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,398 sq. ft.223 m2Lovely character home on prestigious Beach Drive- Victoria's scenic marine stroll! Superb location just steps to Willows Beach and a short walk to Estevan and Oak Bay Villages plus the Oak Bay Marina at Turkey Head breakwater. Excellent schools and parks also nearby. This comfortable, well presented home has been lovingly cared for with spacious formal living room and separate formal dining room, Master with ensuite upstairs (currently used as office) and French doors off both the kitchen and main floor bedroom opening on to the splendid fenced rear yard with designer gardens. Full basement with garage, workshop, storage and recreation area. The daylight which comes thru the living room and dining room windows though to the back is lovely, and the garden receives afternoon daylight for sunny garden parties! Upgrades include thermo windows, updated kitchen, skylights, rear decks and more. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2290 Estevan Avenue in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Half Duplex for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 420085$1,250,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,988 sq. ft.185 m2Built to satisfy impeccable, West coast contemporary taste, 2290 Estevan features oversized windows, light colour palette, intelligent design, & much more. A stones throw from Willows Beach, Pure Vanilla Café, & amenities of Oak Bay, this half duplex provides the highest quality of modern conveniences & luxury. Main level presents seamless space for entertaining w/open-concept kitchen, living, & dining area, bath, & access to the large, East-facing patio. Upper level consists of well-appointed Master suite w/built-in closet space & ensuite, another spacious bdrm - complete with built-in closet space & ensuite, & walk-in closet for extra storage. Lower level provides excess space for entertaining or relaxing w/media room & rec room, laundry, utility closet, & bath. Flooded w/ natural light, features of this home include floating stairs, high efficiency dual gas boiler w/on-demand hot water, air conditioning, e-car charging station, triple glazed windows, & more. More detailsListed by The Agency and Sutton Group West Coast Realty
2326 Esplanade in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Row/Townhouse for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 419307$975,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,470 sq. ft.137 m2OH Sat 1-3. Proudly presenting this exciting and well appointed beachfront home. Situated on Willows Beach, Victoria's premier beachfront community. Here you will enjoy carefree living with beautiful water views, breathtaking sunrises and views of Oak Bay Marina, Mt. Baker, and Olympic Mountains. Located in one of Victoria's best neighbourhoods you have the beach at your door where you can enjoy swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, or walk the trails to Cattle Point, Oak Bay Marina, Estevan Village, and Oak Bay Village! Offering almost 1500 sq. ft. with 2 bedroom plus office. This contemporary home offers an open concept perfect for entertaining, custom built ins, high end stainless steel appliances, gas fireplace, and a DOUBLE CAR GARAGE with plenty of storage. Wake up to views in the generous sized master bedroom complete with walk in closet and ensuite with heated floors. One of 6 homes in the complex, this home offers the best in Oak Bay lifestyle and is truly a slice of paradise! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.