Greater Victoria Areas
312 1030 Yates Street in VICTORIA: Vi Downtown Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428378
312 1030 Yates Street Vi Downtown VICTORIA V8V 5A7$375,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 590 sq. ft.55 m2This is an ideal work/live downtown condo. Much sought after steel and concrete construction of this well-designed building. So many features including but not limited to the bright intelligent floor plan, south-facing balcony, quiet location close to the core and all amenities, low monthly strata fees, plus pets, kids and rentals allowed! This unit seems much larger than the floor plan suggests and includes an excellent den/office space and insuite laundry. A well run strata, great depreciation report and excellent contingency fund. Other features include bike storage, flex room, and a rooftop deck with fireplace. Dare to compare and it's not hard to see the value here! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Victoria
408 689 Bay Street in VICTORIA: Vi Downtown Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428385
408 689 Bay Street Vi Downtown VICTORIA V8T 5H9$409,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 922 sq. ft.86 m2Beautiful quiet bright top floor 2 bed 2 bath suite with only one adjoining neighbour, offering city and mountain views is a must see. This large suite has a bright kitchen with brand new stainless steel appliances and hood fan. The spacious living room with gas fireplace and dining room will be appreciated as will the south facing balcony with beautiful views. The 2 bedrooms are generous in size and the master has a 4 piece ensuite and walk-in closet. There is an additional 4 piece bathroom, laminate flooring throughout and in-suite laundry to make this the perfect place to call home. The suite comes with secure underground parking and a separate storage locker. This location is within easy walking distance to downtown or if you are heading to UVic or Camosun your direct bus is just outside of your front door. Quick possession is available so book your private showing. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
501 707 Courtney Street in VICTORIA: Vi Downtown Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 428327
501 707 Courtney Street Vi Downtown VICTORIA V8W 0A9$535,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 803 sq. ft.75 m2"The Falls" is one of Downtown Victoria's Premier Steel and Concrete buildings. This bright & spacious corner 1 bedroom & bath comes FURNISHED and features a wrap around balcony with views of the city, and the water gardens below. Excellent future investment opportunity when Airbnb/Vacation/Executive rentals are back in full swing. Quality top-end finishings including European stainless steel appliances, a large island with granite countertops, wood floors, spa-like ensuite with marble throughout, double sinks, soaker tub & walk-in shower. Floor to ceiling windows surround this beautiful suite and bring light in all day. Heat pump with year round heating and air conditioning. Resort-like amenities include an outdoor pool, hot tub & fitness area. One secure underground parking stall included. Be right in the middle of all the City has to offer! Ready for immediate occupancy. (Measurements from Strata Plan and media company to be verified by Buyer if deemed important.) More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.