Cordova BaySaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
5174 Santa Clara Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Cordova Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 429607
5174 Santa Clara Avenue SE Cordova Bay VICTORIA V8Y 1W4$925,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,257 sq. ft.210 m2Situated on .6 acre this solid 1960 home has a great spacious feel, 4 bedrooms plus den, 2 full baths and 2nd kitchen in 2257 sq.ft. of living space. 1 year old roof & hot water tank. Up provides open living, dining, kitchen space with movable island and 2 private front and backyard decks. Gas furnace and fireplace. Downstairs you’ll find full suite potential or extra room for your growing family with 2 bedrooms +den. Located on a gentle sloping treed property with seasonal lake views in beautiful Cordova Bay with numerous fruit trees, garden area, cute fire pit area, lots of parking space and a garage/storage shed. 3D Virtual tour available. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
9 5156 Cordova Bay Road in VICTORIA: SE Cordova Bay Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 428539
9 5156 Cordova Bay Road SE Cordova Bay VICTORIA V8Y 2X6$595,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,203 sq. ft.112 m2This Spacious 1 Level townhome is located in the ever popular Cordova Bay Area. This bright , partially updated unit is one of the largest in this complex. It offers a large living and dining room with high vaulted ceilings, kitchen with eating area, 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, laundry area and garage with extra storage. The west facing rear patio is very private and offers a very peaceful place to enjoy your day. Cordova Villiage is a well run complex and is just across the road from Beach access and steps to shopping, parks and bus routes. This is a must see ! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
5171 Agate Lane in VICTORIA: SE Cordova Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 428429
5171 Agate Lane SE Cordova Bay VICTORIA V8Y 2M1$2,250,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,380 sq. ft.221 m2WOW this truly is a one time lifestyle opportunity! One of only 9 waterfront lots on Agate Lane, this property is located on arguably the best beach in Greater Victoria and uniquely positioned on the best sand bar on that beach. Flat, walk-on sand waterfront is rare in Victoria to say the least, and this lot enjoys Summer sun from morning to night. The 4 bedroom home itself was built in the early 50's and could be renovated or removed to make way for your dream home as others have done on the Lane. The lot, being level, presents an easy-build opportunity. Enjoy gorgeous views across Haro Straight and the San Juan Islands to Mt Baker. Paddle board to the Beach House for lunch, drop crab traps for dinner, and finish the day with a sunset kayak! Immerse yourself in the dream lifestyle on Agate Lane! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.