Cedar HillSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
113 1485 Garnet Road in VICTORIA: SE Cedar Hill Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 426630
113 1485 Garnet Road SE Cedar Hill VICTORIA V8P 5T5$265,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 818 sq. ft.76 m2Situated on the quiet side of the building in the popular 55+ plus Rose Bank Gardens you will find this bright and cheery 2 bedroom suite with a beautiful garden view outlook and sunshine all day long. Rose Bank Gardens allows independent living situation with access to meals and cleaning service for an additional fee plus 24 hour staff and first alert response. This building has a great sense of community and allows a small dog or cat. Within walking distance to the library, University Heights Mall and Tuscany Village. Come by and check it out today! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3370 Shelbourne Street in VICTORIA: SE Cedar Hill Half Duplex for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 426624
3370 Shelbourne Street SE Cedar Hill VICTORIA V8P 4G2$629,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,290 sq. ft.120 m2VACANT & NO STRATA FEES! Centrally located starter/investment property. This is a great T/H alternative. Lovely 2 story layout with 3BRs up & 1 on the main. Nothing to do but move in. Improvements: Roof 2019, newer vinyl windows, furnace, kitchen cabinets, baths, laminate flrs, perimeter drains, exterior painted a few yrs ago & a new lateral water line. Spacious kitchen with din rm & the large liv rm has a huge window to let the light flow in. Upper has H/W flrs & a thoughtful F/P with 2 of the BDRM's facing side/back of house. Built on a crawl for extra storage. This home is very quiet with families next door & great park nearby.You'll enjoy spending time in the lovely, fully fenced, west facing back yard that has plenty of room for kids & pets. Take advantage of the location which is close to UVIC, Camosun College, Hillside Shopping Centre & all amenities. Live in or rent it out to build up equity. Whatever you decide, this property is a great deal in today's market! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
1546 Oak Park Place in VICTORIA: SE Cedar Hill Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 426596
1546 Oak Park Place SE Cedar Hill VICTORIA V8P 3B5$749,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,114 sq. ft.103 m2Lovely home perched high above the other houses which shows the beautiful views of the surrounding area and the mountains in the distance. Set on a private, easy care 9000+ sq ft lot in prime location at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac in the Cedar Hill neighbourhood. Custom built in 1962 this mid century modern home has hardwood floors, east facing floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the morning light, with several decks and a patio to enjoy the sun as it moves around the house. Separate mud/laundry room, spacious bedrooms, living room with fireplace, updated windows throughout (minus 2 on the rear of home). Two sheds for extra storage; 1 attached, 1 detached and a carport. This is the perfect home for the 1st time buyer or someone looking to down size but stay in a great neighbourhood. The current resident has loved the convenience of being able to live in a quiet, friendly neighbourhood, walk to groceries and loves the simple layout. A wonderful place to call home! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.