Greater Victoria Areas
260 Balfour Place in VICTORIA: Vi Burnside Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413780$685,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,904 sq. ft.177 m2Finally an affordable DETACHED HOUSE in Victoria available at a price significantly BELOW MARKET VALUE! This FIXER-UPPER is oozing with potential; 4-beds, 2 baths, with a large, private backyard, workshop for the HANDYMAN, and over 1,900 sq ft of living space. If you want to build IMMEDIATE EQUITY the day you buy, this property is listed at THOUSANDS LESS than the comparable sales in the area. INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: THERE IS A 2-BEDROOM IN-LAW SUITE! Located on a great FAMILY-FRIENDLY CUL-DE-SAC. It is close to all amenities & highway access. RECENT IMPROVEMENTS include 200 amp service, 3-year old hot water tank, and some NEW WINDOWS and FLOORING on the main level. OUR LOSS IS YOUR GAIN! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get into this DESIRABLE NEIGHBOURHOOD at an unbelievable price. Viewings are limited and by appointment only:Tues-Fri July 16-19th @ 12:00-2:00 Sat July 20th 1:00-4:00PM, Sun July 21st 2:00-4:00PM More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes Ltd. - Oak Bay
208 141 E Gorge Road in VICTORIA: Vi Burnside Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413732$415,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,022 sq. ft.95 m2Beautifully updated 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo situated in the oceanfront complex of Chapman Point. Fresh paint, new wide plank flooring, baseboard trim, shaker kitchen cabinetry and tile backsplash, newer stainless steel appliances, fixtures, and lots more updates are boasted in this bright and open condo which has over 1,020 finished square feet. There are peek-a-boo views of the Gorge Waterway from the eating area, a cozy gas fireplace featured in the living room, the master bedroom includes a walk-through closet and ensuite bathroom, and there is a great patio space with access to the common grass area which is perfect for pets and watching your kids run around. In-suite laundry, storage locker, and secure underground parking are also included with this unit. The complex is bbq and pet-friendly (2 cats or 1 dog up to 10kg), some rentals are allowed, it was remediated in 2002, and even has a private beach access for exclusive use of its residents! More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Victoria and Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
1 610 Dunedin Street in VICTORIA: Vi Burnside Row/Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 413628$469,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,010 sq. ft.94 m2OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY, JULY 27, 2:30-4 … This grand home, circa 1912, has had a complete transformation. It's now a fabulous 3-unit strata conversion … This MAIN floor unit has lots of character … large kitchen with black stainless appliances & island … hot water on demand system installed 2018 … built in closet organizers … high efficiency gas fireplace within original mantle … 10' ceilings throughout … beautiful bright kitchen with subway tile & sealed butcher block countertops … gorgeous wood floors … picture rail system throughout … large deck leading to big professionally maintained backyard … UNIT was rebuilt from studs outward and restored to original in 2016 … windows, roof, 400 amp electrical & plumbing all new in 2016 … custom Hunter Douglas blinds throughout; blackout blinds in bedrooms … large personal fenced in garden … separate garage … owner managed strata … THIS UNIT IS A MUST SEE! More detailsListed by One Percent Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.