Greater Victoria Areas
2343 Arbutus Road in VICTORIA: SE Arbutus Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 405597$1,274,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,307 sq. ft.307 m2Open House Feb 16th 1-3 If you love lots of space this is the place for you with 3300 sq ft of finished space and unfinished storage and a double garage too sitting on a 20,000 sq ft lot. Main level has three bedrooms, living room with gas fireplace, dining and kitchen with oak cabinets and large deck (8 years old) facing east with ocean glimpses. Downstairs is another gas fireplace in the rec room, a large office/den, 2 more bedrooms and a large games/family room with plumbing and appliances hookups for a kitchenette or bar. There is a quiet private tucked away secret patio and garden area our through the garage or side gate. You won't want to miss seeing it. Economical hot water heat, Skylights, main floor laundry room, central vac, and lots of land are some of the features. Easy to view. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
2260 Graduation Place in VICTORIA: SE Arbutus Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 405479$1,180,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,524 sq. ft.234 m2Open House Sat Feb 23 1-3 pm. University Ridge: Welcome to Graduation Place, a prestigious enclave of newer Gordon Head/Arbutus custom homes. Entering this gracious executive home, you are immediately treated to open plan living. Sweeping two-storey, skylit vaulted ceilings and authentic mahogany floors add space & grace to the in-line living (gas FP) and dining room. Perfect for family & entertaining, the large cabinet-filled kitchen opens to the bright family room (2nd gas FP) and breakfast room with French doors to the custom sunroom, private patio and fenced back garden. Main floor master bedroom w/large walk in closet & spacious 5-piece ensuite. Powder room, laundry room, double garage. Beautiful fluted staircase to a mid-level landing and upper mezzanine (office) overlooking the main floor rooms. Two bedrooms (one w/balcony & ensuite) and full bath complete the upper floor. Easy care lot. Adjacent to Montague Park greenspace, close to UVic, schools, buses, shopping & beaches! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
4093 Ebony Terrace in VICTORIA: SE Arbutus Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 405166$1,080,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,233 sq. ft.300 m2**Open House Sat 1:30-3:00, Feb.16th** Updated and well-maintained Arbutus neighborhood family home. Located on a quiet tree-lined terrace of well-kept garden properties and close to UVic, Arbutus Middle, Mount Doug High, and Frank Hobbs Elementary. Convenient level entry to the spacious, open and bright main level featuring vaulted ceilings, new solid oak flooring, updated maple cabinet kitchen with open family room plus a desirable 3-bedroom layout including master with ensuite and walk-in closet. The full height basement provides a fourth bedroom, updated full bathroom, recreation room and plenty of additional space for hobbies and a workshop. This home has been well kept including recent roof, decking, and perimeter drain upgrades. Additional features include a large attached double garage, mature gardens and large sunny deck off the kitchen. The home is a must see! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.